Mediterranean Spring Bowls are topped with seasoned chicken, beans, vegetables, olives, feta cheese, lemon, and garlic. Mediterranean flair in every bite!
This is my copycat recipe of the White House Grill’s Spring Bowl. The White House Grill is a small Mediterranean restaurant in Post Falls, ID. If you know anything about the White House Grill, you will know that you can’t come within 10 feet of it without smelling like garlic the rest of the day but oh man all their food is TASTY! This is definitely my favorite dish of theirs. If you like garlic.. you will love this recipe! (I, personally, think this recipe is right on with the restaurant’s recipe. If you are from the area, I’m excited to see how you think it compares!)
- 1 bottle Lawry’s or any lemon pepper marinade
- 2 chicken breast halves
- lemon pepper
- 1 onion diced
- 1 medium-sized zucchini diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 c. garbanzo beans
- 12-15 cherry or grape tomatoes
- feta cheese
- Kalamata olives
- FOR THE RICE:
- 1 c. long-grain white rice
- 2 c. water
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest or to taste
- 4-5 cloves garlic crushed (add more if you dare)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- salt to taste
- Marinate chicken breast halves in lemon pepper marinade for at least an hour (sealed tightly in a plastic Ziploc bag works best). Remove chicken and discard marinade. Place chicken in a 9x13 glass baking dish and sprinkle with lemon pepper on both sides. Bake at 350-degrees for about 35 min or until juices run clear and chicken is completely cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, heat a little bit of oil in a large skillet. Add diced onion, zucchini, bell pepper, and garbanzo beans. Saute until onions become clear. Add tomatoes and saute an additional minute or so until tomatoes become hot.
- Chop up cooked chicken into smaller pieces (at the restaurant they cut up the chicken into little cubes.. I would normally do that too but for the sake of a prettier picture I cut the chicken into strips) and stir in with sauteed veggies.
- FOR THE RICE:
- Cook rice with water according to package instructions (or in a rice cooker). After the rice is cooked, combine remaining ingredients (from olive oil on...) and pour slowly over rice while fluffing with a fork. Add more lemon juice a little at a time if needed.
- Put a scoop or two of rice on a plate (or in a bowl). Add sauteed veggies and chicken (at White House Grill, they just kind of toss everything together and put it over the rice, I know the picture above is more layered.. I just did that because I thought it looked prettier.. it all tastes the same..) Top each bowl with about 2 Tbsp. feta cheese (or to taste). Garnish with Kalamata olives.