This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
No matter how busy your day is, we’ve got you covered with these easy lunch ideas. Whether it’s a busy day at home, or a relaxed lunch with friends, our list of recipes below will surely tickle your taste buds and will keep you going throughout the day. Don’t miss our bonus recipe for 10-Minute Club Sandwiches below!
Easy Lunch Ideas: Categories
Looking for quick and delicious lunch options? We’ve got you covered with a collection of easy lunch ideas that are not only hassle-free to prepare but also bursting with flavors. Many of these lunches make meal-prepping easy saving time and money. Whether you’re a busy professional or a student on-the-go, the simply and satisfying recipes will make your midday meal a delightful experience. Let’s dive in!
Lunches You Can Pack
Need some lunch ideas for when you are on the go? Whether you are packing school lunches, a lunch for work, or a picnic in the park, you can’t go wrong with these lunches.
- Zesty Italian Wrap – A wrap loaded with ham, salami, and pepperoni. Perfect for packing in a lunch box for school, or in a cooler for picnics or camping.
- Thai Chicken Salad Wraps – A tangy curry chicken salad wrapped up in a tortilla.
- Easiest Crab Salad – This Crab Salad recipe is not only easy, it’s versatile. Dip crackers in it, use it as a sandwich filling, or mix in some pasta for a cold pasta salad.
- Asian Cucumber Salad – A salad packed with flavor and textures, but low on calories. Drizzled with homemade dressing, this vibrant, tasty salad is a must try!
- BBQ Chicken Pitas – Light and fresh, yet filling and satisfying. Shredded bbq chicken and slaw served in pita bread. These make the best lunch!
- Chicken Caesar Wrap – This Chicken Caesar Wrap recipe is crunchy, tangy and so yummy! I love making these for picnics and park days during the summer; it’s a fun alternative to regular old PB&J.
- Soup Can Sandwiches – No more boring, flat sandwiches! These Soup Can Sandwiches stand upright and everything stays in place when you bite into them.
- Yogurt Parfaits – Load a cup with layers of Greek yogurt, berries, and granola for a refreshing lunch to go. This can be made the night before making it even easier to pack and grab on your way out the door.
- Bento Box – These fun lunches are packed into sectioned containers, perfect for on the go. Source: eatingwell.com
Sandwiches are the solution to a quick and easy lunch. A hearty sandwich is satisfying and filling, and keeps the hunger pangs at bay until dinner. Sandwiches can be thrown together in a flash and they taste great. Even better, they are easy to customize for even the pickiest eater. It’s time to upgrade from peanut butter and jelly.
- Italian Beef Sandwiches – Tender beef, slow cooked in savory juices paired with spicy fixings make a savory melt in your mouth meal!
- French Dip Sandwiches -With two layers of gooey melted cheese, flavorful Italian roast beef, a toasted bun, and savory au jus for dipping, you will recreate this French dip sandwich recipe again and again.
- Egg Salad Sandwich – There’s nothing like a good Egg Salad Sandwich. Smooth, creamy, and flavorful, you’ll love this protein packed lunch option!
- Turkey Sandwich (Deli Style) – Nothing beats a simple, deli turkey sandwich. Try this easy 5-minute sandwich or one of our five different variations.
- Avocado Toast – This a trendy, savory sandwich that delivers a heart-healthy kick to the day. Give it a protein boost with a fried egg.
- Cucumber Sandwich – Cucumber sandwiches are very simple, light, and refreshing. Sliced cucumbers are stacked on bread with a delicious cream cheese and dill spread.
- Margherita Grilled Cheese Sandwich – This is not your ordinary grilled cheese. It’s loaded with mozzarella cheese, sweet tomatoes, and basil pesto, all on sourdough bread.
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches – Tender chicken, grapes, and cashews on a flaky croissant roll. The perfect sandwich to serve when hosting a luncheon or shower.
- Classic Tuna Melt – Tuna salad and cheese grilled over the stove is comfort food at its best. Source: simplyrecipes.com
- More Sandwich Recipes – see all of our sandwich recipes here.
A fresh, crispy salad is always a great low-carb choice for lunch! A salad can be as simple as lettuce and a few veggies, or more fancy with added meat, pastas, cheeses, nuts, and/or fruit. You are sure to find something here that will delight your tastebuds.
- Endorian Roasted Chicken Salad – This is a copycat salad recipe from Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios). The unique flavors, fresh herbs, and textures will transport you to a galaxy far, far away.
- Nuts About Berries Salad – A colorful, flavorful, and refreshing salad in the spring and summer months when you can pick or purchase delicious, fresh berries. You can use baby spinach or a spring mix lettuce for the base.
- Sweet Pork Salad – Our copycat recipe of the Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad right at your fingertips! So easy to make at home, and tastes exactly like the popular restaurant version with their famous cilantro dressing, beans, and rice.
- Chef Salad – An easy, healthy, and delicious way to enjoy leftover meat, lunch meat, and vegetables. You are the chef and can make it any way you like!
- Chickpea Salad – A vegetarian version of tuna salad loaded with chickpeas, celery, and seasonings. It is healthy, flavorful, and easy to make. It also goes great on toast or on a sandwich. Make it a vegan lunch by switching out the regular mayonnaise in the dressing for vegan mayonnaise.
- Easy Ground Beef Taco Salad – This taco salad is made with seasoned ground beef, crisp romaine lettuce, and flavorful toppings. An easy, healthy lunch.
- Classic Cobb Salad – A hearty and versatile green salad topped with chicken, bacon, avocado, egg, tomatoes, and blue cheese crumbles.
- More Salad Recipes – see all of our salad recipes here.
Soup is the perfect lunch, especially on cold days. You can make a big batch and use for lunch throughout the week. It pairs beautifully with a sandwich or salad. Don’t forget a crusty roll or some toast on the side. Who doesn’t love dipping a little bread in their soup?
- Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup – Savory ground beef and hearty vegetables in a rich broth. One of the easiest soups to throw together on a busy, chilly day.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – A warm, inviting soup loaded with cheesy goodness. Add potatoes and chicken to this soup for extra flavor.
- Lasagna Soup – All the flavors of the popular Italian dish in a bowl! Tender noodles, hearty meat, and a tomato-based sauce made with canned tomatoes from Europe.
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – An absolute staple when it’s cold outside or you have a cold on the inside. It is the most comforting of comfort foods.
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup – This Loaded Baked Potato Soup is loaded with potatoes, bacon, corn, and cheese. Our hearty recipe is a perfect way to warm up when it is cold outside.
- Italian Wedding Soup – A tasty Italian soup with meatballs, pasta, and fresh herbs. Source: cookingclassy.com
- More soup recipes – see all of our soup recipes here.
Hot Lunch Ideas
Sometimes you just want something hot for lunch. A hot meal is satisfying and comforting. Try one of these hot lunches and you’ll be full until dinner.
- Healthy Pizza – This is a favorite healthy lunch idea because it is so customizable. Load this pizza with delicious veggies like tomatoes, bell peppers, and zucchini. Pizza never looked so good!
- Black Bean Tacos – Not only are these tacos easy to make and budget friendly, they taste sooo good! I love the crispy taco shell, the flavorful filling, and the ooey-gooey cheese.
- Homemade Mac and Cheese – Homemade Mac and Cheese with ham and peas is a perfect, quick meal that is always creamy and NEVER grainy. Get creative with the add-ins and toppings.
- Chicken Flautas – These Chicken Flautas are filled with chicken, salsa, and cheese and baked in the oven until crispy. Your whole family will love this easy, delicious recipe.
- Hawaiian Lunch Plate – There are few things in this world better than a good Hawaiian Plate Lunch. Here you will find everything you need to make a Hawaiian Plate Lunch at home!
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bowls – Air Fryer Chicken Teriyaki Bowls are the perfect quick, easy lunch for any busy day.
- Homemade Chicken Ramen – Noodles in a flavorful broth with roasted chicken, veggies, and a soft boiled egg. Source: forkknifeswoon.com
- Ham and Cheese Crepes – These crepes are made with slices of delicious ham and melted cheese and served with the option of juicy cherry tomatoes. This is a favorite recipe from our friend, Jamielyn at iheartnaptime.
- More Lunch Recipes – Haven’t found the perfect lunch yet? Find more lunch recipes here!
Loving these lunch ideas?
We have solutions for making breakfast easier too. Don’t miss our 35+ Easy Breakfast Ideas!
Read Next:Easy Dinner Ideas
How to Make a Club Sandwich
One of the most popular sandwiches for lunch is the club sandwich. A club sandwich layers turkey, ham, bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato between three layers of toasted bread. Cut the sandwich in fourths and hold each fourth together with a toothpick for easy serving and eating.
Easy Lunch Ideas – Club Sandwich
- Toast the bread slices if desired. Spread mayo on one side of one piece of bread. Top with half the turkey slices, a slice of cheddar, and a slice of tomato.
- Spread mayo on both sides of another piece of bread. Place it on top of the tomato. Add half of the ham, two bacon slices, and lettuce.
- Spread mayo on one side of the third piece of bread and place on top of the lettuce. Repeat the process for the second sandwich. Cut into fourths and serve with chips and a pickle spear.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.