Looking for some lunch ideas? Whether it’s a busy day at home, a relaxed lunch with friends, or you need to prepare a lunch to go, we’ve got you covered. Don’t miss our bonus recipe for Club Sandwiches below!
Here is a list of some of our favorite quick easy and healthy lunch ideas. You will find tasty soup, salad, sandwich recipes, and more to liven up your lunch routine.
Do you ever get stuck in a lunch rut? Leftovers and PB & J’s can get old after a while. We all need a good lunch to boost our energy for the afternoon. We’ve got some ideas to help you get the wheels turning as you plan your lunch menu for the week. Check out our lunch ideas across these categories – easy packable lunches, sandwiches, salads, soups, and hot lunches.
Easy Packable Lunch Ideas
Need some lunch ideas for when you are on the go? Whether you are packing school lunches, a lunch for work, or a picnic in the park, you can’t go wrong with these lunches.
- Ham and Pineapple Wraps – You will love this sweet and savory combo! They are great for sack lunches and picnics.
- Thai Chicken Salad Wraps – A tangy curry chicken salad wrapped up in a tortilla.
- Easiest Crab Salad – This Crab Salad recipe is not only easy, it’s versatile. Dip crackers in it, use it as a sandwich filling, or mix in some pasta for a cold pasta salad.
- Asian Cucumber Salad – A salad packed with flavor and textures, but low on calories. Drizzled with homemade dressing, this vibrant, tasty salad is a must try!
- BBQ Chicken Pitas – Light and fresh, yet filling and satisfying. Shredded bbq chicken and slaw served in pita bread. These make the best lunch!
- Zesty Italian Wrap – A wrap loaded with ham, salami, and pepperoni. Perfect for packing in a lunch box for school, or in a cooler for picnics or camping.
- Soup Can Sandwiches – No more boring, flat sandwiches! These Soup Can Sandwiches stand upright and everything stays in when you bite into them.
- Bento Box – These fun lunches are packed into sectioned containers, perfect for on the go. Source: eatingwell.com
Sandwiches are the solution to a quick and easy lunch. A hearty sandwich is satisfying and filling, and keeps the hunger pangs at bay until dinner. Sandwiches can be thrown together in a flash and they taste great. Even better, they are easy to customize for even the pickiest eater. It’s time to upgrade from peanut butter and jelly.
- French Dip Sandwiches -With two layers of gooey melted cheese, flavorful Italian roast beef, a toasted bun and savory au jus for dipping, you will recreate this French dip sandwich recipe again and again.
- Egg Salad Sandwich – There’s nothing like a good Egg Salad Sandwich. Smooth, creamy, and flavorful, you’ll love this protein packed lunch option!
- Avocado Toast – This a trendy, savory sandwich that delivers a heart-healthy kick to the day. Give it a protein boost with a fried egg.
- Turkey Sandwich with Brie – Up your turkey sandwich game with unique flavors of creamy brie cheese and thinly sliced tart apple. One bite, and you’ll never go back to a boring turkey and cheese.
- Margherita Grilled Cheese Sandwich – This is not your ordinary grilled cheese. It’s loaded with mozzarella cheese, sweet tomatoes, and basil pesto, all on sourdough bread.
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches – Tender chicken, grapes, and cashews on a flaky croissant roll. The perfect sandwich to serve when hosting a luncheon or shower.
- Classic Tuna Melt – Tuna salad and cheese grilled over the stove is comfort food at its best. Source: simplyrecipes.com
- More Sandwich Recipes – see all of our sandwich recipes here.
A fresh, crispy salad is always a great low-carb choice for lunch! A salad can be as simple as lettuce and a few veggies, or more fancy with added meat, pastas, cheeses, nuts, and/or fruit. You are sure to find something here that will delight your tastebuds.
- Endorian Roasted Chicken Salad – This is a copycat salad recipe from Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios). The unique flavors, fresh herbs, and textures will transport you to a galaxy far, far away.
- Nuts About Berries Salad – A colorful, flavorful, and refreshing salad in the spring and summer months when you can pick or purchase delicious, fresh berries. You can use baby spinach or a spring mix lettuce for the base.
- Sweet Pork Salad – Our copycat recipe of the Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad right at your fingertips! So easy to make at home, and tastes exactly like the popular restaurant version with their famous cilantro dressing, beans, and rice.
- Easy Ground Beef Taco Salad – This taco salad is made with seasoned ground beef, crisp romaine lettuce, and flavorful toppings. An easy, healthy lunch.
- Light Greek Pasta Salad – The tangy lemon and sweet honey in the dressing, the fresh mint and bitter olives, feta cheese, and the added crunch of the cucumbers and red onions combines to make every bite of this salad a delight!
- Tuna Salad – Great over a bed of lettuce or a slice of toast. Source: culinaryhill.com
- Classic Cobb Salad – A hearty and versatile green salad topped with chicken, bacon, avocado, egg, tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles.
- More Salad Recipes – see all of our salad recipes here.
Soup is the perfect lunch, especially on cold days. You can make a big batch and use for lunch through out the week. It pairs beautifully with a sandwich or salad. Don’t forget a crusty roll or some toast on the side. Who doesn’t love dipping a little bread in their soup?
- Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup – Savory ground beef and hearty vegetables in a rich broth. One of the easiest soups to throw together on a busy, chilly day.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – A warm, inviting soup loaded with cheesy goodness. Add potatoes and chicken to this soup for extra flavor.
- Lasagna Soup – All the flavors of the popular Italian dish in a bowl! Tender noodles, hearty meat, and a tomato-based sauce made with canned tomatoes from Europe.
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – An absolute staple when it’s cold outside or you have a cold on the inside. It is the most comforting of comfort foods.
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup – This Loaded Baked Potato Soup is loaded with potatoes, bacon, corn, and cheese. Our hearty recipe is a perfect way to warm up when it is cold outside.
- Italian Wedding Soup – A tasty Italian soup with meatballs, pasta, and fresh herbs. Source: cookingclassy.com
- More soup recipes – see all of our soup recipes here.
Hot Lunch Ideas
Sometimes you just want something hot for lunch. A hot meal is satisfying and comforting. Try one of these hot lunches and you’ll be full until dinner.
- Healthy Pizza – Healthy Pizza does exist! Load this pizza with delicious veggies like tomatoes and zucchini. Pizza never looked so good!
- Black Bean Tacos – Not only are these tacos easy to make and budget friendly, they taste sooo good! I love the crispy taco shell, the flavorful filling, and the ooey-gooey cheese.
- Homemade Mac and Cheese – Homemade Mac and Cheese with ham and peas is a perfect, quick meal that is always creamy and NEVER grainy. Get creative with the add-ins and toppings.
- Chicken Flautas – These Chicken Flautas are filled with chicken, salsa, and cheese and baked in the oven until crispy. Your whole family will love this easy, delicious recipe.
- Hawaiian Lunch Plate – There are few things in this world better than a good Hawaiian Plate Lunch. Here you will find everything you need to make a Hawaiian Plate Lunch at home!
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
- Homemade Chicken Ramen – Noodles in a flavorful broth with roasted chicken, veggies, and a soft boiled egg. Source: forkknifeswoon.com
- Ham and Cheese Crepes – These crepes are made with slices of delicious ham and melted cheese and served with the option of juicy cherry tomatoes. This is a favorite recipe from our friend, Jamielyn at iheartnaptime.
- More Lunch Recipes – Haven’t found the perfect lunch yet? Find more lunch recipes here!
Loving these lunch ideas?
We have solutions for making breakfast easier too. Don’t miss our 35+ Easy Breakfast Ideas!
How to Make a Club Sandwich
One of the most popular sandwiches for lunch is the club sandwich. A club sandwich layers turkey, ham, bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato between three layers of toasted bread. Cut the sandwich in fourths and hold each fourth together with a toothpick for easy serving and eating.
- Toast the bread slices if desired. Spread mayo on one side of one piece of bread. Top with half the turkey slices, a slice of cheddar, and a slice of tomato.
- Spread mayo on both sides of another piece of bread. Place it on top of the tomato. Add half of the ham, two bacon slices, and lettuce.
- Spread mayo on one side of the third piece of bread and place on top of the lettuce. Repeat the process for the second sandwich. Cut into fourths and serve with chips and a pickle spear.