This Chicken Taco Salad in a Tortilla Bowl is easily the best taco salad I’ve ever had. I am not a huge fan of ground beef in taco salad so the chicken is what really put it over the top for me.
Well, that and the corn salsa, which I would eat with a spoon because it is so good! It tastes just like the corn salsa from Chipotle I am literally obsessed with it. Anyway, these tortilla bowls are very easy to make and I think they are so fun! They keep everything together and you can use it to scoop up salsa when you’re done eating what’s inside (see, I really can’t stop thinking about the salsa)!
Make sure you don’t skip the cooking spray before putting them in the bowls because they can stick, and they’ll rip when you try to take them out. This recipe is super customizable when it comes to toppings. I used all my favorites, of course, but you can add anything you’d like! Some suggestions include: cheese, guacamole (our recipe HERE), pico de gallo (our recipe HERE), kidney beans, refried beans, and other meats like shrimp or beef (if you don’t like chicken). Also make sure to use our Homemade Taco Seasoning!
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spray a little cooking spray on both sides of each tortilla.
- Press tortillas into oven safe bowls to shape. Place bowls on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove tortillas from bowls and cool completely.
- Place chicken breasts in a stock pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn the heat to medium and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from water and shred.
- Place chicken in a pan, add taco seasoning and water, and cook until water evaporates, stirring frequently.
For Corn Salsa
- Mix together corn, cilantro, red onion, and jalapeño. Pour in lime juice and add salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Place tortilla bowl on a plate. Add lettuce, chicken, black beans, avocado, cherry tomatoes, sour cream, and corn salsa.