This filet mignon with melted blue cheese is tender, juicy, and full of flavor. The blue cheese sauce is smooth, tangy, and pairs perfectly with the filet!
- 4 to 6 filet mignon steaks
- Let the filets rest out of the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes prior to grilling (helps keep the meat tender...if you apply heat to chilled meat it shocks it & causes it to toughen up).
- In the mean time, mix together all the dry rub ingredients. It will make more than you need, you can save the extra mix in the pantry.
- When the filets are brought to room temperature, rub the spice mixture generously onto each piece.
- Grill over medium heat to desired doneness (again, PLEASE do not over cook, it will taste best with a pink center).
- In a saucepan over low heat combine mayonnaise, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until smooth and warmed. Remove from heat and stir in the blue cheese crumbles. Serve over your filet mignon or on the side for dipping.