Grilled Fruit Kabobs are a win at any picnic or barbecue. The heat of the grill enhances the flavor of pineapples, bananas, strawberries, and melons.
Grilled Fruit Kabobs
These grilled fruit kabobs were actually my husband’s idea I I was trying to figure out a tasty appetizer for a barbecue we were throwing and he suggested making some fruit kabobs and throwing them on the grill. They were so delicious! The crisp grilled edges of the pineapple, banana, strawberries and melon were perfect and the juicy flavors were locked inside. They made such a fun side dish to our dinner and we have made them dozens of times with different fruit combinations ever since. Try them with our yummy yogurt fruit dip and they make a perfect appetizer or even dessert!
What Fruit to Use for Grilled Fruit Kabobs
Really the sky’s the limit when it comes to what kind of fruit you can use for these fruit kabobs. I’m always partial to grilled bananas and pineapple for a tropical flair. But you could use cantaloupe, honeydew melon, kiwi, strawberries, mango, peaches, apples, blueberries, blackberries, grapes, watermelon, just about any kind of fruit you have on hand!
Key Lime Yogurt Dip
Grilled fruit kabobs taste divine when dipped in this sweet, yet tangy key lime yogurt dip. Here’s what you need:
- A cup or so of key lime yogurt. I used Greek yogurt but you could use any kind you have in your fridge.
- Some marshmallow fluff. Yes, that’s right! This makes the dip so creamy and delicious!
- A couple ounces of cream cheese, softened. To make it easier to mix together, allow your cream cheese to come to room temperature before whipping.
- You’ll also need key lime juice, or regular lime juice. You can use fresh squeezed lime juice or from the bottle, either one works great!
- A tablespoon or more of coconut flakes.
Mix all these ingredients together and it makes the very best fruit dip! Slightly sweet, rich and creamy, this dip enhances the flavors of the warm, grilled fruit. You will love this stuff! You could also try this Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip too.
More Delightful Grilling Recipes
I love creating an entire meal from start to finish on the grill! There’s something so satisfying about spending the evening outside with my family, smells of good food wafting from the grill, and eating and laughing on the patio until late in the night. Try some of these terrific recipes from the grill!
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- Grilled Artichokes with Creamy Lemon Dip
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Honey Berry Sriracha Skewers
- Grilled Banana Split Boats
How to Make Grilled Fruit Kabobs
- If you use wood skewers, soak them in cold water first to avoid burning on the grill. Turn on grill to medium heat.
- Thread each skewer with your favorite fruits.
- Warm some honey in the microwave so its nice and warm and runny. Baste each kabob lightly with honey then sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Grill until the fruit gets some nice grill marks on each side. Remove to a serving plate (optional: drizzle with a little coconut white balsamic).
For the Yogurt Dip:
- Beat the light yogurt, marshmallow fluff, light cream cheese, lime juice, and coconut flakes together and put in a small dish for dipping. Keep refrigerated.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill