This Grilled Mexican Street Corn is flavored with Cotija cheese, chili powder, and lime. We call it “Nacho Libre” because of the corn clip from the movie.
Since corn is in season right now, I thought this would be a perfect time to share our favorite way to eat it. This Mexican Street Corn (or as our family likes to call it- Nacho Libre Corn on the Cob) is the best corn on the cob I have EVER had. We call it “Nacho Libre” corn because it looks like the yummy corn from the movie… you know… as in “Get that corn outta my face”! (still don’t know what I am talking about? See the video below) You will love rich, buttery flavor of the corn, combined with the slight tangy-ness of the Cotija cheese. Ohmygosh, you just have to try it so you can experience it all for yourself! Make it a family night– make this corn for dinner then watch the movie all together! This is another great recipe from our cousin, Kristen, over at Culinary Mamas!
- Grill the corn until all sides get a little brown.
- Combine mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Brush the corn generously with the mayo/sour cream mixture.
- Roll in cotija cheese - kind of a mexican feta, you can sub for feta if you want.
- Season with chili powder.
- Then squeeze fresh lime juice over the top.
Just in case you have no idea what we are talking about….