These Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs are a favorite for grilling! Sweet glaze with just the right amount of spicy kick over tender chicken and peppers, grilled to perfection!
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs
Summertime is the best time for these Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs. When temperatures heat up, we tend to grill outside most nights of the week. Who wants to be cooped up in the kitchen when the weather is so perfect outdoors? These chicken kabobs are the perfect easy meal because they come together in no time! They’re perfect for a Memorial Day or 4th of July barbecue, or just any evening when you want a quick meal out on the grill. Serve with a side of rice and a simple green salad and you have a perfect dinner full of flavor and spice!
Three Ingredient Glaze
What makes these chicken kabobs so perfect is that the glaze is made with only THREE ingredients! That’s it.
- Soy sauce
- Sriracha Sauce (I like to add a lot of Sriracha to mine but scale it way back for the kids’ skewers. Add the amount that is just right for you.
- Jam. Yes, jam!! It’s naturally sweetened with Smucker’s Fruit and Honey spreads so there’s no extra sugar like in your typical barbecue sauce. Believe it or not, this is actually NOT a sponsored post! Smucker’s is not paying us for this post and all these opinions are completely my own. I just love these spreads so much, I wanted to share it with all of you. We used the Triple Berry Fruit & Honey Spread for this but really, you can use ANY of their Fruit & Honey spreads and I promise you, they will ALL taste incredible.
Suggestions for Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs
- These berry Sriracha skewers are super healthy as-is (because of the low sugar content) but you can make it even healthier by using chicken sausage as opposed to regular smoked sausage (I have been doing this lately and I haven’t had any complaints from the fam).
- Add pieces of green, yellow and orange peppers, tomatoes, just about any veggie you like onto the skewers. Fruit and vegetables grill up beautifully!
- Brush extra glaze on the kabobs as you grill.
- Keep some of the glaze mixture at the table for dipping.
What to Serve with Grilled Skewers
If you are looking for some side dishes to go with these grilled skewers, we have LOTS of options! Some of our most popular are our Homestyle Potato Salad, our traditional Macaroni Salad and our Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. I usually make it with our yellow rice recipe and a green salad and it’s always a hit.
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs
- Alternate (in no specific order) chicken, sausage, peppers, onions, and pineapple on skewers (makes about 6 skewers).
- Brush with glaze and grill on medium-high heat, turning every 2-3 minutes (brushing with glaze each turn) until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill