These Breakfast Croissant Sandwiches make a hearty, tasty breakfast. Flaky, crispy croissants are piled with fluffy egg, gooey cheese and savory ham. Breakfast perfection!
Ham, Egg and Cheese Croissant
This Breakfast Croissant recipe is one of my favorite dishes from the popular Kneaders restaurant. When we lived near one, I would order more of these sandwiches than I care to admit. They’re so delicious but it was tough on my bank account! Now that we no longer live so close to a Kneaders, I recreated my favorite breakfast croissant at home. And it is so delicious! Flaky croissants with melted cheese, sweet and savory ham and fluffy eggs make the very best sandwich. Try them for breakfast or make ahead and pack for lunch. They’re scrumptious any time of day!
Tips for the Perfect Breakfast Croissant Sandwich
- Spreading a thin layer of mayo on the croissant helps keep all the ingredients in place and adds a little moisture to the sandwich. So good!
- For extra flavor, try spreading Dijon or honey mustard on the croissant.
- The recipe calls for sliced deli ham, but you could use leftover dinner ham on the sandwich too.
- Cook eggs over easy and then cover with cheese. If you don’t like runny eggs you can pop the yolks open while cooking. Or scramble the eggs and pile them on the croissant.
- I love cheddar cheese slices on this breakfast sandwich but you could substitute Swiss, pepper jack, muenster or mozzarella cheese.
- Add a layer of bacon to the sandwich for even more savory flavor.
- Make these sandwiches ahead of time, wrap tightly and send them with your kids in their lunchboxes to school. Best lunch sandwich ever!
What to Serve with Breakfast Croissant Sandwiches
I love to serve these breakfast sandwiches with hash browns and orange juice, or any of these mouthwatering breakfast recipes:
- Make Ahead Breakfast Parfaits
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Green Smoothie
- Golden Detox Smoothie
- Orange Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Coconut Macadamia Nut French Toast
More Breakfast Sandwich Recipes
- Open Face Avocado Egg Sandwich
- Breakfast Monte Cristos
- Copycat McDonald’s Egg McMuffins
- Light Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- Breakfast Quesadillas
How to Make Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches
- Cook eggs over-easy (if you don't like runny yolks, break them while they are cooking).
- Place cheese over eggs.
- In the same pan heat up ham slices until they become nice and hot. Place hot ham over the cheese to help the cheese melt.
- Slice croissants in half and spread a little mayonnaise on each side.
- Place equal portions of the egg/ham on each croissant bottom. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then add croissant tops.
- Serve immediately. They are the best when they are piping hot.