This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These breakfast croissant sandwiches make a hearty, tasty breakfast. Flaky, crispy croissants are piled with fluffy eggs, gooey cheese, and savory ham. Breakfast perfection!
Featured with this recipe
Breakfast croissants are a hearty and filling breakfast sandwich! Add ham, egg, and cheese to your croissants, melt the inside, and enjoy a warm sandwich every morning. It is an easy breakfast to make that is loved by all ages. Grab your pan and let’s start cooking!
Flaky croissants with melted cheese, sweet and savory ham, and fluffy eggs make this the very best croissant breakfast sandwich. Try them for breakfast or make ahead and pack them for a lunch. They are scrumptious any time of the day!
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Croissant Ingredients
Only five ingredients to make these ham, egg, and cheese croissants! They are easy to make in one skillet! There is so much flavor and delicious texture that you will love in every bite! Your tastebuds will go wild with this savory breakfast croissant!
- Croissants – The bigger the better! We love the Costco croissants that are fresh and easy to cut through. They have large croissants compared to other bakeries. Make sure that your croissants are fresh and soft and not hard.
- Eggs – Grab your large eggs and cook them over easy, medium, or hard! You get to pick what you like best on your croissant.
- Cheddar cheese – Have your cheese pre-sliced or have a block of cheese to slice from. A thinner slice may be best to help with melting the cheese overtop.
- Ham – Sliced ham works great! Pick your favorite brand and flavor for your homemade croissant.
- Mayonnaise – Spreading a thin layer of mayo on the croissant helps keep all the ingredients in place and adds a little moisture to the sandwich. So good!
Substitutions and Add-ins for the Perfect Breakfast Croissant Sandwich
Create your own delicious breakfast croissant just the way you like it! Substitute or add your favorite breakfast ingredients. Scrambled eggs, sausage, or use butter instead of mayo! All these are great ideas for making the best ham, cheese, and egg breakfast croissants!
- Add Flavor! For extra flavor, try spreading Dijon mustard or honey mustard on the croissant.
- Leftover ham – The recipe calls for sliced deli ham, but you could use leftover dinner ham on the sandwich too.
- Egg Ideas – Cook eggs over easy and then cover with cheese. If you don’t like runny eggs, you can pop the yolks open while cooking. Or scramble the eggs and pile them on the croissant.
- Cheese – I love cheddar cheese slices on this breakfast sandwich but you could substitute Swiss, pepper jack, muenster, or mozzarella cheese.
- Veggies – Grab some red, yellow, and green bell peppers, and some diced onions.
- Bacon makes everything better! Add a layer of bacon to the sandwich for an even more savory flavor.
Tips and Ideas for Amazing Breakfast Croissants
Follow these tips to help you make the best breakfast croissants! Learning to cook the perfect eggs or cooking on the stovetop and making ahead of time are all ways to make these breakfast sandwiches even better.
- Cooking eggs – It is easier to use a rubber spatula to flip the eggs. This gives a little bit of bounce and movement without having to break the yolk when flipping.
- Cooking with the oven – Cook on the stovetop at medium-low heat. This will help cook evenly and thoroughly.
- Make it ahead of time! Make these sandwiches ahead of time, wrap tightly with aluminum foil, and send them with your kids in their lunchboxes to school. Best lunch sandwich ever!
“Such a great, easy recipe for breakfast! Delicious and perfect for the kiddos and the spouse! Yum.”-Betsy
Frequently Asked Questions
We always want to say everything in moderation. Although there are some great ingredients that are healthy like eggs in the croissant, not too many other ingredients will make this a healthy breakfast. They do not have a high count of nutrition, but can be delicious and good every once in a while.
READ NEXT: 33+ Super Easy Breakfast Ideas
More Breakfast Sandwich Recipes
If you love breakfast as much as we do, you will love all these delicious options to make your morning even better! Each of these recipes can be made ahead or easy enough to make the morning of. These breakfast ideas are our family favorites!
How to Make Ham, Egg, and Cheese Croissants
Ham, Egg, & Cheese Croissants
- Cook eggs over-easy (if you don't like runny yolks, break them while they are cooking).
- Place cheese over eggs.
- In the same pan heat up ham slices until they become nice and hot. Place hot ham over the cheese to help the cheese melt.
- Slice croissants in half and spread a little mayonnaise on each side.
- Place equal portions of the egg/ham on each croissant bottom. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then add croissant tops.
- Serve immediately. They are the best when they are piping hot.
How to Make Ahead of TimeMake these sandwiches ahead of time, wrap tightly with aluminum foil, and send them with your kids in their lunchboxes to school. Best lunch sandwich ever!
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.