This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Croissant Breakfast Sandwich is a heart, tasty, and super easy breakfast. Flaky, crispy croissants piled with fluffy eggs, gooey cheese, and savory ham is breakfast perfection!
Featured with this recipe
This Croissant Egg Sandwich is one of our favorite savory breakfasts. It’s hearty and filling and super easy to make. A slice of ham, fluffy egg and cheese pile perfectly on top of crisp, tender croissants for the perfect on the go breakfast or lunch. Save yourself a trip to the fast food drive thru and make them yourself at home. They taste much better and are much easier on your wallet. Try them for breakfast or make ahead and pack them for a lunch. They are scrumptious any time of the day!
Ingredients in this Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
These croissant sandwiches are easy to make in one skillet with just five ingredients. Each bite is packed with flavor and delicious texture. Here’s all you need:
- Croissants – The bigger the better! We love the butter croissants from Costco that are fresh and easy to cut through. They have large croissants compared to other grocery stores or bakeries. Make sure that your croissants are fresh and soft and not hard.
- Eggs – Grab your large eggs and cook them over easy, medium, or hard! You get to pick what you like best on your croissant. You can also whisk them in a bowl and scramble or bake in the oven on a baking sheet.
- Cheddar cheese – Have your cheese pre-sliced or have a block of cheese to slice from. A thinner slice may be best to help with melting the cheese overtop.
- Ham – Sliced ham works great! Pick your favorite brand and flavor for your homemade croissant.
- Mayonnaise – Spreading a thin layer of mayo on the croissant helps keep all the ingredients in place and adds a little moisture to the sandwich. Feel free to try out other sauces too, like mustard, hot sauce, or even grape jelly for a sweet/savory flavor.
Substitutions and Add-ins
Create your own delicious breakfast croissant sandwich just the way you like it! Substitute or add your favorite breakfast ingredients. Scrambled eggs, sausage, or use butter instead of mayo! All these are great ideas for making the best ham, cheese, and egg breakfast croissants!
- Leftover ham – The recipe calls for sliced deli ham, but you could use leftover dinner ham on the sandwich too.
- Sausage patties – if you have a sausage patty or two on hand, throw them into the mix! They’re so yummy.
- Egg Ideas – Cook eggs over easy and then cover with cheese. If you don’t like runny eggs, you can pop the yolks open while cooking. Or scramble the eggs on medium-high heat and pile them on the croissant.
- Cheese – I love cheddar cheese slices on this breakfast sandwich but you could substitute Swiss, pepper jack, muenster, or mozzarella cheese.
- Veggies – Grab some red, yellow, and green bell peppers, and some diced onions or fresh chives.
- Bacon – let’s be real, bacon makes everything better! Add a layer of bacon to the sandwich for an even more savory flavor.
Cooking Options for your Croissant Egg Sandwich
Follow these tips to help you make the best breakfast croissants! Learning to cook the perfect eggs or cooking on the stovetop and making ahead of time are all ways to make these breakfast sandwiches even better.
- Cooking eggs – It is easier to use a rubber spatula to flip the eggs in a large skillet. This gives a little bit of bounce and movement without having to break the yolk when flipping.
- Cooking with the stove – Cook on the stovetop at medium-low heat. This will help cook evenly and thoroughly.
- Make it ahead of time! Make these sandwiches ahead of time, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and send them with your kids in their lunchboxes to school. Best lunch sandwich ever!
- Freezing – Once you’ve wrapped the sandwiches in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, place them in the freezer and they’ll stay nice and fresh for up to two months. Pop them in the microwave and enjoy!
“Such a great, easy recipe for breakfast! Delicious and perfect for the kiddos and the spouse! Yum.”-Betsy
We always want to say everything in moderation. Although there are some great ingredients that are healthy like eggs in the croissant, not too many other ingredients will make this a healthy breakfast. They do not have a high count of nutrition, but can be delicious and good every once in a while.
When making this croissant breakfast sandwich, stick to the three basics: an egg mixture, meat and melty cheese. Try any variations you like!
You can dress your croissant egg sandwich with butter, mayo, hot sauce, chives, black pepper, avocado, or mustard.
READ NEXT: 33+ Breakfast Ideas
More Breakfast Sandwich Recipes
If you love breakfast as much as we do, you will love all these delicious options to make your morning even better! Each of these recipes can be made ahead or easy enough to make the morning of. These breakfast ideas are our family favorites!
How to Make a Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- Cook eggs over-easy (if you don't like runny yolks, break them while they are cooking).
- Place cheese over eggs.
- In the same pan heat up ham slices until they become nice and hot. Place hot ham over the cheese to help the cheese melt.
- Slice croissants in half and spread a little mayonnaise on each side. Place equal portions of the egg/ham on each croissant bottom. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then add croissant tops.
- Serve immediately. They are the best when they are piping hot.
- Make these sandwiches ahead of time, wrap tightly with aluminum foil, and send them with your kids in their lunchboxes to school. Best lunch sandwich ever!
- It is easier to use a rubber spatula to flip the eggs in a large skillet. This gives a little bit of bounce and movement without having to break the yolk when flipping.
- Spreading a thin layer of mayo on the croissant helps keep all the ingredients in place and adds a little moisture to the sandwich. Feel free to try out other sauces too, like mustard, hot sauce, or even grape jelly for a sweet/savory flavor.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.