Mandarin Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans is the perfect salad for any meal. It is sweet and tart and the pomegranates and candied pecans give it a yummy crunch.
This Mandarin Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans is perfect for the Holidays because it is bright and colorful and Christmasy. But I really make this salad year round, in the summer months I like to substitute out the pomegranate seeds for fresh raspberries or strawberries. If you want to make it more of a meal, try adding grilled chicken or diced turkey to the salad. This salad is one of my favorites to eat with some marinated grilled meat and a baked potato. It’s perfect for company or for taking to potlucks and BBQ’s because it’s so pretty and tastes amazing.
When you candy the pecans be sure to watch them close and stir them constantly. They are perfect just after the sugar melts and coats the pecans. Once the sugar melts it can burn fast so be sure to watch it really closely.
Other Delicious Salads:
Some of our other favorite salads that make great side dishes are:
- Nuts About Berries Salad – a yummy berry salad with a berry dressing.
- Homestyle Potato Salad – the best potato salad ever!
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad – a pasta salad with a yummy BBQ ranch flavor.
- Asian Cucumber Salad – perfect side dish to Asian food.
- Kona Grill’s Red Pepper Coleslaw – a yummy twist on traditional coleslaw.
- Waldorf Salad – a tasty apple, grape, and walnut salad.
- Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad – perfect with Hawaiian dishes like Kalua pork.
- Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad – great for BBQ’s.
- Light Greek Pasta Salad – a savory salad with greek dressing.
- Grilled Caesar Salad – Caesar salad with grilled romaine.
- Harvest Pear Salad – an Autumn favorite.
- Mom’s Traditional Macaroni Salad – a staple at our family picnics.
How to Make Mandarin Spinach Salad
For the Candied Pecans:
- In a small skillet cook the chopped pecans and sugar over medium heat over the stove. Stir constantly until the sugar melts and coats the pecans. Remove from heat and cool completely.
For the Salad:
- Toss the spinach in the poppyseed dressing, then sprinkle on all remaining ingredients.