Kona Grill’s Red Pepper Coleslaw features gorgonzola cheese and roasted red peppers mixed into finely shredded cabbage. A perfect side for chicken or pork!
One of my favorite things to get at Kona Grill is their chicken satay appetizer because it comes with this amazing red pepper coleslaw. I am addicted to the stuff, it is a little spicy and a little sweet and just all around so good. It has gorgonzola cheese and roasted red peppers mixed in to finely shredded cabbage with a slightly spicy coleslaw sauce that is to die for. I remember the first time that we ordered this we were fighting over the last bites of this coleslaw. Now when I go, if we don’t get the chicken satay I still ask for a side of this tasty slaw.
This red pepper coleslaw goes great with our chicken satay recipe HERE. But really it makes a good side dish to almost any meal. And it tastes fantastic on sandwiches too. I am going to make a grilled chicken sandwich with pepper jack cheese and top it with this slaw tonight. I can hardly wait! It would be super yummy on our Cajun Chicken Po’ Boy Sandwiches HERE.
Kona Grill’s Red Pepper Coleslaw
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill
- 4 c. cabbage finely shredded
- 1/4 c. carrot shredded, optional
- 1/4 c. roasted red peppers finely chopped
- 1/4 c. gorgonzola cheese crumbled
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sriracha hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the dressing ingredients then stir in the remaining ingredients until the cabbage is thoroughly coated.
- Chill for at least on hour.
- To serve, top with extra roasted red pepper slices and gorgonzola cheese crumbles.