This 15 Minute Beef and Noodles Skillet recipe is perfect for those busy nights when you need dinner quick. Ground beef and noodles with a creamy, cheesy sauce.
15 Minute Beef and Noodles Skillet is a fresher, faster and cheaper alternative to Hamburger Helper. Actually Hamburger Helper gives me flashbacks to early days in my marriage when that and a can of green beans was considered a balanced meal. Luckily I remembered this delicious recipe and it soon took the place of the boxed dinner stuff. This is a recipe that our grandma made when her kids were growing up. She called it “Congooliami” (kon-goo-lee-ah-mee … in case you were wondering the pronunciation). I think she gave it a funny name so her kids would eat it. Really we can call it whatever we want and our kids would STILL eat it and love it.
Suggestions for Beef and Noodles Skillet
- If you are wary of using canned condensed cream of mushroom soup, try our delicious (and easy!) homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup recipe!
- You can use macaroni, rotini, bowtie, penne, or any kind of pasta for this recipe. You can use whole wheat pasta to make it healthier or even Gluten Free pasta.
- Sometimes if we are looking to add more to this Beef and Noodles Skillet, we will stir in corn, peas, a can of diced tomatoes (drained), extra sauteed mushrooms, steamed broccoli, cauliflower or spinach.
- Many times when we make this we try to hide in extra veggies, so we add shredded zucchini and carrots to the ground beef mixture. Really, our kids NEVER know there are any added vegetables. We use a LOT too. We have used 2-3 of EACH vegetable added in and they don’t ever catch on.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Creamy One Pot Tortellini with Sausage: This Creamy One Pot Tortellini with Sausage is a delicious meal that whips up in less than 30 minutes. The seasonings in the sauce make it so flavorful!
- Skinny One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles: These creamy garlic noodles can be made in MINUTES. No pre cooking the noodles. Everything cooks together in one skillet!
- One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls: These One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls make for the EASIEST week-night meal. You literally make it all in one pot (or skillet). The perfect meal for when you are in a pinch and don’t have a whole lot of time to make dinner.
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops: With only 4 ingredients and hardly any prep time…you can’t go wrong with these Easy Crock-Pot Pork Chops. Your family is going to love this recipe– mine does!
- One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta: This One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta features shrimp or chicken, noodles, vegetables, seasonings, and peanuts all cooked together in a light, creamy peanut sauce. An easy weeknight meal for when you are feeling a little on the adventurous side!
How to Make 15 Minute Beefy Noodle Skillet
- 1 pound macaroni noodles or similar, like Cavatappi or Cellentani
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 11 ounces tomato soup condensed , not prepared
- 11 ounces cream of mushroom soup condensed, not prepared (see note above for substitutes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded - Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, and/or Cheddar work great
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion together until beef is browned and onions are clear.
- Add condensed soups and salt and pepper.
- When noodles are done, drain well and add to skillet.
- Gently stir in cheese and serve!