This 15 Minute Beefy Noodle Skillet recipe is perfect for those busy nights when you need dinner quick. Ground beef and noodles with a creamy, cheesy sauce.
Our family calls this Beefy Noodle Skillet “Congooliami” (kon-goo-lee-ah-mee … in case you were wondering the pronunciation), don’t ask me why, or where that name came from but that is what we all know it by. My kids love this stuff.. they think the name is silly and they are always asking for it. This is a recipe that our grandma made when her kids were growing up. I think she gave it a funny name so her kids would eat it. Really we can call it whatever we want and our kids would STILL eat it and love it.
If you are wary of using canned condensed cream of mushroom soup, we have a homemade recipe you can use for Condensed Cream Soup (it’s actually for cream of chicken soup but tastes just as good)! Add mushrooms in with the beef and onions if you don’t want to leave out the mushroom flavor.
You can use macaroni, rotini, bowtie, penne, or any kind of pasta for this recipe. You can use whole wheat pasta to make it healthier or even Gluten Free pasta.
Optional Add Ins:
Sometimes if we are looking to add more to this Beefy Noodle Skillet, we will stir in corn, peas, a can of diced tomatoes (drained) or extra sautéed mushrooms. This would even taste great with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or spinach. Many times when we make this and we are wanting to hide in extra veggies, we will add shredded zucchini and carrots to the ground beef mixture. Really, our kids NEVER know there are any added vegetables. We use a LOT too. We have used 2-3 of EACH vegetable added in and they don’t ever catch on.
- 1 Lb. macaroni noodles or similar, like Cavatappi or Cellentani
- 1 Lb. ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 10-11 oz. can condensed tomato soup (not prepared)
- 1 10-11 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup (not prepared-- see not above for substitutes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. shredded cheese Monterey jack, mozzarella, and/or cheddar work great
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion together until beef is browned and onions are clear.
- Add condensed soups and salt and pepper.
- When noodles are done, drain well and add to skillet.
- Gently stir in cheese and serve!
Like this easy dinner idea? Be sure to give these ones a try:
- Creamy One Pot Tortellini with Sausage: This Creamy One Pot Tortellini with Sausage is a delicious meal that whips up in less than 30 minutes. The seasonings in the sauce make it so flavorful!
- Skinny One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles: These creamy garlic noodles can be made in MINUTES. No pre cooking the noodles. Everything cooks together in one skillet!
- One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls: These One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls make for the EASIEST week-night meal. You literally make it all in one pot (or skillet). The perfect meal for when you are in a pinch and don’t have a whole lot of time to make dinner.
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops: With only 4 ingredients and hardly any prep time…you can’t go wrong with these Easy Crock-Pot Pork Chops. Your family is going to love this recipe– mine does!
- One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta: This One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta features shrimp or chicken, noodles, vegetables, seasonings, and peanuts all cooked together in a light, creamy peanut sauce. An easy weeknight meal for when you are feeling a little on the adventurous side!