This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Get a delicious, simple, salmon dinner on the table in no time with our Air Fryer Salmon recipe.
Air Fryer Salmon
The air fryer is one of my favorite ways to cook salmon. It is quicker than the grill or oven, and it comes out so flavorful and flakey. Whether you are making it for dinner, or making it for meal prep, its a great simple recipe with tons of variations!
- Salmon Filets – You can use skinless or skin-on salmon for air fryer salmon, however I prefer skinless for this recipe.
- Lemon Juice – It is best if you use fresh lemons, but you can use bottled lemon juice.
- Olive Oil – I used extra virgin olive oil for this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper – For this simple recipe, I just used salt and pepper. However, you can add more spices if you’d like. Depending on what you’re making with the salmon, you can garlic powder, paprika, cajun spices, or any of your other favorite seasonings.
What to Serve with Air Fried Salmon
When I make this air fryer salmon for dinner, I like to serve it with a starchy side dish and a vegetable side dish. For starchy side dishes I like Easy Yellow Rice, The Perfect Baked Potato, Lemon Rice, or Potatoes Au Gratin. For a vegetable I often go for a Roasted Vegetable Medley, Oven Roasted Asparagus, or Lemon Garlic Brussel Sprouts.
I also like to prep this salmon ahead of time to put on salads. After I cook it, I let it cool a bit and then I store it in the fridge in an airtight container. It will last in the fridge for up to a week. Two of my favorite salads to top with salmon are a Classic Cobb Salad, and a Bowtie Caesar Salad.
You can use parchment paper in the air fryer to prevent the salmon from sticking. You may have to cook the salmon a little longer since the parchment paper blocks some of the air flow in the basket.
Since air flows all around the air fryer basket, you do not have to flip the salmon. It will cook evenly on each side.
Yes. You can cook frozen salmon in the air fryer. You will have to cook the salmon at a lower temperature, about 370 degrees for 7 minutes to defrost, and then cook normally, as described below.
Yes, you can use skin-on salmon. Make sure to spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the salmon skin-side down in the basket.
To be sure that your salmon is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the salmon and make sure the internal temperature is at least 145 degrees.
Try our Salmon Rice Bowls! They are delicious and the perfect recipe for leftover salmon.
More Air Fryer Recipes
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon
Air Fryer Salmon
- Mix olive oil and the juice from one lemon in a small bowl.
- Brush the lemon mixture over the salmon filets and then sprinkle salt and pepper over the whole filet. Flip the filets over and repeat.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 for 10 minutes.
- If your filets are a little thicker and after 10 minutes they are not fully cooked, cook at 1 minute intervals until cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.