Snickers Apple Salad is a salad the kids will actually be happy to eat! The tart apples with the chewy, crunchy Snickers pieces is a delightful combination.
This Snickers Apple Salad is a fun recipe! You can surprise your guests and let them guess what that chewy, caramel, nutty, deliciousness is in the salad, or garnish with extra snickers bars on top. I was at a potluck dinner many years ago and this salad was on the buffet line. I had no idea what was in it, because everything was coated with Cool Whip. When I sat down and took a bite, I knew I was eating apples, but I could not figure out what the delicious caramel and nutty taste was – I just knew it tasted perfect with the apples!
It was like taking a bite of a chocolate caramel covered apple with a dollop of cool whip on top. I went on a quest to find out who brought the salad so I could find out what was in it. I was surprised when she told me it was chunks of Snickers candy bars. It was not the taste I was expecting when I took a bite of a fruit salad!
This Snickers Salad quickly became a family favorite. It is requested by my children all the time as a side dish. It is so quick and easy to make, it is now what I often take to potluck dinners – and now I am the one that people search out to find out what is in that delicious salad!
If you are wanting to give the Snickers Apple Salad a little more depth, try adding a package of vanilla or butterscotch pudding! This is a DELICIOUS version of this salad. All you have to do is combine a 6oz. instant pudding with 1 cup of milk. Whisk together until thickened and fold in the Cool Whip before folding into the rest of the salad. Give it a try and you can decide which way you like it best!
For the Apples:
For the apples, you can really add any kind of apples you like best. We like using tart apples, like Granny Smith, to balance out the sweetness but you can pretty much use any apple you like. A combination of red delicious and Granny Smith is great too. You can also use Fuji apples, pink lady, gala.. or any combination of the above!
If you would like to substitute real whipped cream for the Cool Whip, go right ahead. We use Cool Whip for the convenience but have also used whipped cream and it tastes great! If you aren’t a fan of Snickers, you can try Butterfinger, Milky Way, or Twix bars instead (I LOVE it with Twix bars). Give it a try and let us know your favorite apple/Candy bar combo!
More Apple Recipes:
If you have an abundance of apples this year or are just looking to try some new apple recipes, we have TONS to share with you!
- Dutch Apple Pie: This is our favorite fall pie. It is filled with tart apples and baked with a sweet and buttery crumb topping.
- Disneyland Apple Pie Caramel Apples: These Apple Pie Caramel Apples from Disneyland are my new favorite treat! Can’t make it to Disney? Bring the magic to your kitchen with this easy recipe!
- Traditional Apple Crisp: This is a no-frills, easy, traditional apple crisp recipe that can’t be beat. Just like the apple crisp the lunch lady used to make back in the good ol’ days (but better)!
- Copycat Bluebird Turkey and Brie Sandwich: Our Bluebird’s Turkey and Brie Sandwich Copycat is the best sandwich ever. It’s unique flavors are so good, like deli turkey, crisp apples, and brie cheese.
- Apple, Ham, and Cheddar Melts: Apple, Ham, and Cheddar Melts are my favorite lunch in the fall. It takes grilled cheese to a whole new level.
- If you want to see ALL of our apple recipes, click HERE.
How to make Snickers Apple Salad
- Cut apples into bite size pieces.
- Dice Snickers bar into bite size pieces.
- Mix cut up Snickers bars and apples in a medium-sized bowl.
- Fold in Cool Whip.