This Turkey Sandwich with Brie is chock full of creamy brie cheese, tender turkey and thinly sliced tart apple. Unique flavors blend together for one mouthwatering sandwich!
Turkey Sandwich with Brie
This Turkey Sandwich with Brie is our version of one of my favorite sandwiches from a popular Boise restaurant, The Bleubird. The chic and popular sandwich shop in downtown Boise boasts all kinds of unique flavors and once I tried this turkey sandwich I fell in love. It may quite possibly be my favorite sandwich ever, and I don’t say that lightly. If you are ever in the Boise area, stop in and eat at the Bleubird. For as small as Boise is (comparatively speaking), we have tons of amazing restaurants, Bleubird definitely being one of them (seriously, try their Reuben, too.. oh my gosh). However, if a trip to the Treasure Valley isn’t in the cards, make this delicious sandwich yourself, because they’re so good!
Tips for this Unique Turkey Sandwich
- Get a good bread. I used French bread for this picture above, but you could use Ciabatta, Focaccia, or any kind of bread that looks delicious to you.
- This recipe calls for fig butter, and you can find it at Trader Joe’s for just a couple of dollars. Fig butter really brings life to the sandwich; don’t leave it out! If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s in your area, you can make your own by mixing fig preserves with softened butter or just spread a layer of frig preserves on the bread. So yummy!
- Brie cheese is easy to find at your local grocery store. It can get a little sticky when spreading on the sandwich; you can just use your fingers to get an even layer.
- Layer thinly sliced Granny Smith apple on the sandwich. The tartness of the apple complements the creaminess of the cheese and just makes this sandwich so good. You won’t use the entire apple, so slice up and serve the remaining apples on the side.
What to Serve with this Sandwich with Brie
At the Bleubird, I always get their blue cheese potato salad as a side dish (so good), but when I make it at home I serve it with our Gorgonzola Bacon Potato Salad, which I love just as much. Or try some of these delicious side dishes:
- Best Potato Salad Ever
- Mom’s Traditional Macaroni Salad
- Coleslaw with Roasted Red Pepper
- Nuts About Berries Salad
- Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
How to Make a Turkey Sandwich with Brie
- 6 inches bakery artisan sandwich bread (we found a French bread type that was wonderful)
- 3 Tbsp. fig butter or fig preserves-- see note above
- 1/4 Lb. sliced or shaved deli turkey
- 2-3 oz. brie cheese
- 1/2 c. mixed spring greens spinach, arugula etc..
- 1 granny smith apple sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon deli mustard
- Slice the bread making a top and bottom half. On the bottom half of the bread, generously spread on the fig butter (as if you were making a PB&J).
- Layer on the turkey, Brie (this can get tricky, just spread it on as best you can), greens, and apple (you probably won't use all the apple-- you just want a single layer. Serve the rest on the side).
- On the "top" half of the bread, spread on the Dijon mustard and place on top of the sandwich.
- That's it! Seriously, best sandwich ever.
- (makes 1 sandwich)