Apple, Ham, and Cheddar Melt Sandwiches aren’t your average ham & cheddar melts! Brie cheese, apples, and apple butter make these a mouthwatering sandwich!
Apple, Ham, and Cheddar Melts are my favorite lunch in the fall. In the town where we grew up in, there was a little restaurant that served ham, cheddar, and apple butter sandwiches. Sadly, this little restaurant was only in business for less than a year.
In the short time it was open, Emily and I ate there several times and ordered these sandwiches. We loved them! I tried a new sandwich recipe yesterday and they tasted JUST like the ones in that restaurant. They were delicious! I added apples and Brie to the sandwich and in my opinion it made them even better. The crispness and sweetness of the apple slices greatly complements the melted cheese and warm ham. The person that came up with adding apple to a grilled cheese is a genius!
If you are looking for a simple lunch recipe to share with guests or lunchtime visitors this is a good one! This sandwich recipe tastes oh so delicious and is pretty simple to put together. These aren’t your average ham & cheddar melts! Enjoy!
More Favorite Sandwiches
We love sandwiches – especially sandwiches with unique ingredients that give a boost of flavor. Here are some more of our favorites:
- Corned Beef Sandwiches – This is a really tasty Irish sandwich, especially when made with our Homemade Russian dressing! Just one bite and your luck will change for the better!
- The Bleubird’s Turkey and Brie Sandwich – Our Bleubird’s Turkey and Brie Sandwich Copycat is the best sandwich ever. It’s unique flavors are so good, like deli turkey, crisp apples, and Brie cheese.
- Pilgrim Sandwiches – My favorite thing ever to make with Thanksgiving leftovers. It has the best parts of Thanksgiving dinner like turkey, rolls, and cranberry sauce.
- Vietnamese Pork Bahn Mi Sandwiches – Maybe the best sandwich I have ever had (and I don’t say that lightly, I am totally a sandwich lover and have tried all kinds of sandwiches).
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Spicy Aioli Mayo – The layers on this chicken sandwich are HEAVENLY. You’ve got your grilled chicken, your gooey cheese, crispy bacon, smooth avocado, juicy tomatoes, and crisp lettuce between two soft ciabatta buns and slathered with a tangy aioli mayo. Seriously, what’s NOT to love here?
- Turkey Over Italy Sandwich on Foccacia Bread – This recipe comes from my favorite deli in Boise, Deli George. It has deli turkey, provolone cheese, pepperoncinis, vinegar drenched lettuce, and pesto mayo on a homemade rosemary focaccia bread. I can’t even begin to describe how good this sandwich is, you just have to try it for yourself.
- Click HERE for more amazing sandwich recipes! We have lots to choose from!
Apple, Ham, and Cheddar Melt Sandwiches aren't your average ham & cheddar melts! Brie cheese, apples, and apple butter make these a mouthwatering sandwich!
Spread Brie cheese evenly over one slice of bread. On that same slice, layer ham, apple butter, apples, and cheddar cheese.
Top with remaining slice of bread.
Spread butter over the outside of the sandwich and grill in a skillet over medium-low heat as if making a grilled cheese sandwich.
Slice in half and serve hot.