These Sweet Potato Tacos taste so yummy and they couldn’t be easier to make. You will love the black bean filling and the fresh, flavorful toppings.
Sweet Potato Tacos
I love these tacos! They are so tasty and filling. The mix of crispy sweet potatoes and savory black beans make the perfect bite. On top of that, you add the avocados, cilantro, and cotija cheese, and I end up stuffing my taco so full I can barley lift it up. These tacos have a little heat from the green chiles, but you can bump up the heat a little by adding more green chiles or other spicier peppers.
- First heat your oven to 450.
- Then, place your diced sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add the taco seasoning and salt and pepper. Toss until evenly coating.
- Next, use your largest cookie sheet. Spread the potatoes out over the sheet in a single layer. Make sure they aren’t touching as much as possible.
- Cook the potatoes for 35-40 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes. This will ensure they are crispy on all sides. You will know they are done when the potatoes are crispy and browned on all sides.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the black bean filling. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add spices and green chiles. Cook until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the black beans, tomato juice, and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat until most of the liquid is gone.
- Once the potatoes and filling are done, assemble your tacos! Serve with any taco toppings you like. I chose avocado, cilantro, and cotija cheese.
Other Vegetarian Recipes You Will Love
Trying to eat less meat? Check out some of our other favorite vegetarian recipes!
How to Make Sweet Potato Tacos
Black Bean Filling
For Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place diced sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Add olive oil, taco seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix until evenly coated. Spread potatoes out on a greased baking pan. Make sure they are in one layer and not touching. Bake for 35-40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Bake until potatoes are crispy and browned around the edges.
For Black Bean Filling
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add spices and chiles. Cook until garlic is fragrant. Add black beans, tomato juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until most of the moisture is gone, stirring frequently.
To Assemble the Tacos
- Add black bean filling, sweet potatoes, and any other desired topping to a tortilla. Serve with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.