I am publishing this Barbie Birthday Cake more for the idea than the actual recipe because it is super easy.
Barbie Birthday Cake
- Make up two packages of cake mix according to the directions.
- Grease and flour a medium and small glass bowl.
- Fill with batter until they are a little over 3/4 full. Use remaining batter for cup cakes.
- Bake at 325 for about an hour or until the center feels set.
- At exactly 7 minutes after you remove the cake from the oven, turn out of bowl onto wax paper. This prevents the cake from sweating and sticking to the bowl.
- Stick the cakes in the freezer for a few hours until they are really firm.
- Layer the small cake onto the large cake and trim any over hang.
- Layer with frosting then decorate with more frosting. Stick your Barbie in the center and frost over her upper half to make it look like a dress.
- My daughter absolutely loved this for her birthday!
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2012