Jon and Karina made these lemon chicken kabobs the other night for us and they were delicious. They gave me the recipe and I couldn’t find it ANYWHERE… so last night I had to wing it and make up my own recipe. They turned out so good! They have such a good lemony flavor and the chicken was nice and juicy. The best thing about these, though, is that you feel satisfied but not an ounce of guilt! We made this with our Easy Lemon Rice recipe.
- 2 Lbs chicken, cubed
- green peppers, cut into pieces
- red onion, cut into pieces
- 4-5 Tbsps olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 5-6 Tbsp. soy sauce (or to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste (at least 1/2 tsp)
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Put chicken in a large Ziploc bag and pour in marinade (adding more lemon or soysauce if needed). Press all the air out of the bag and then seal. Place bag in a bowl and refrigerate overnight. About 30 minutes prior to serving. Alternate chicken, peppers, and onion on skewers (if you are using wood skewers-- remember to soak them in water for at least an hour). You can either grill the kabobs -- OR you can put them in the oven at 375-degrees for 25-30 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through)-- turning half-way through. Serve with lemon rice.