Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans are the perfect complement to the Cafe Rio Salad. I often make these recipes as a side dish to my regular meals.
Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans
If you have ever eaten at Cafe Rio, then you know how amazing their Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans are. But, not everyone can get to a Cafe Rio when they have the hankering for this meal. Hooray for copycat recipes! This rice and beans recipe tastes JUST LIKE the stuff you get at Cafe Rio. It is so easy to make and it tastes so good! Put these on your tacos, burritos, salads, nachos or serve them as sides. The rice recipe really does make a ton so if you aren’t a huge fan of rice, I would suggest halving the recipe.
Dishes to serve with Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans
Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans are the perfect complement to the Cafe Rio Salad or Burrito. I will actually often make these just as a side dish to my regular Mexican-night meals. You can definitely use this as a side dish to the fabulous Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Copycat Recipe. It’s everything you are hoping it will be!
Tips to try
Make sure you rinse and drain the beans really well. You don’t want any of that syrup to be in your beans. I promise it will taste better that way. Some of our readers have tried using instant rice and had success. One time I tried using Calrose rice because it was what I had on hand. That DID NOT work out well. A long grain white rice is what I typically use.
All Our Cafe Rio Copycat Recipes:
We have had such great feedback with ALL of our Cafe Rio recipes and we hope to get more! Leave us a comment and let us know how your Copycat Cafe Rio dinner turned out! We love hearing from our readers!
- To make Sweet Pork Burritos, check out the full recipe HERE.
- Try the Sweet Pork Salad, check out the full recipe HERE.
- To find ALL of our Cafe Rio / Costa Vida copycat recipes, click HERE.
How to make Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans
For the Rice
For the Rice
- In a saucepan combine rice, butter, garlic, 1 teaspoon lime, chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. In a small bowl combine lime juice, sugar and cilantro.
- Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff the rice.
For the Black Beans
- In a nonstick skillet, cook garlic and cumin in olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it. Add beans, tomato juice, and salt. Continually stir until heated through. Just before serving stir in the cilantro.