Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans are the perfect complement to the Cafe Rio Salad. I often make these recipes as a side dish to my regular meals.
This rice and beans recipe tastes JUST LIKE the stuff you get at Cafe Rio. It is so easy to make and it tastes so good! Put these on your tacos, burritos, salads, nachos or serve them as sides. The rice recipe really does make a ton so if you aren’t a huge fan of rice, I would suggest halving the recipe.
Make sure you rinse and drain the beans really well. You don’t want any of that syrup to be in your beans. I promise it will taste better that way.
We have had such great feedback with ALL of our Cafe Rio recipes and we hope to get more! Leave us a comment and let us know how your Copycat Cafe Rio dinner turned out! We love hearing from our readers!
- In a saucepan combine rice, butter, garlic, 1 tsp. lime, chicken broth
- and water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low 15-20 minutes, until
- rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. In a small bowl combine lime juice,
- sugar and cilantro.
- Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff
- the rice.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook garlic and cumin in olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it. Add beans, tomato juice, and salt. Continually stir until heated through. Just before serving stir in the cilantro.