This is called a salad but it tastes more like a dessert, so yummy. I sometimes double the cream cheese center if I am feeding a larger crowd.
- 2 cups crushed pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 (6oz.) pkg. stawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (or 2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen strawberries, partially thawed)
- Mix first three ingredients and press in bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Beat sugar, cream cheese, and Cool Whip in a medium size bowl (I sometimes double this part if I am feeding more people). Spread over pretzel crust.
- Mix Jello and boiling water until dissolved. Add strawberries. Pour over cheese mixture. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.