These Grilled Pork Chops with Spiced Pears are going to definitely be a recurring dinner. It is the perfect combination of savory, sweet, and spice.
Grilled Pork Chops with Spiced Pears
These Grilled Pork Chops with Spiced Pears turned out so amazing! We made the most amazing savory sweet pork rub and smothered our pork chops in it before throwing them on the grill. For this recipe we bought the thin-sliced pork chops but the thicker cut pork chops would work great too, you may just need to adjust your grilling time.
We diced and cooked the pears over the stove in a small skillet with brown sugar all kinds of yummy spices. They were so so good! I want to make up another batch and pour it over vanilla ice cream. If you are not a fan of pears, you can easily substitute them for the same amount of apples, which would be really tasty too. Just be sure to use a crisp, tart apple.
We’ve had rave reviews on this recipe from family, friends, and people who follow our blog. This is one of my favorites reviews on this recipe. She also shares her adaptations to the recipe:
“First I have to say I don’t like pork chops. So I’m always looking for new recipes to make them bearable. I made these tonight and OMG they were delicious. Family is in love. However I used a 6 pack of bone-in assorted pork chops, doubled the brown sugar in the rub only (mainly to cut heat down cause I was afraid that much chili powder would be too much for my daughter), and added 1 extra pear. Baked in the oven at 350° flipping once until chops were done. Also wasn’t sure what to serve with but made fried potatoes and fresh green beans. And they were a perfect pairing. Have some pears leftover and thinking they would go great on a bowl of vanilla ice cream. But I’m so full that the ice cream will have to wait for now. Pretty sure you can put those pears on a rubber boot and make it edible. Thank you these will definitely be on the menu again and again.”
Thanks for sharing Nicki!
More Pork Recipes from Favorite Family Recipes
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops – With only 4 ingredients and hardly any prep time, these pork chops are a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu) – This BBQ Pork is moist and flavorful, never dry.
- Kalua Pork Tacos with Fresh Mango Salsa – Juicy shredded pork topped with fresh mango and avocado and wrapped in a corn tortilla.
- Honey Mustard Nectarine Pork Kabobs – Pork and nectarine are a perfect match for summer grilling! The sweet nectarines are a delicious complement to the honey mustard marinated pork.
- Restaurant Style BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos – These nachos will rival anything you can order at a restaurant. Pulled pork, BBQ sauce, black beans, melted cheddar, and sour cream.
How to Make Grilled Pork Chops with Spiced Pears
For the Pork Rub:
- Mix together the ingredients for the pork rub and thoroughly coat each pork chop with the rub.
- Let pork chops sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before grilling.
- Grill over medium heat, turning only once.
- After removing from heat, let them sit for 5 minutes before cutting into the meat.
- Combine all the ingredients for the pear chutney in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are nice and soft and the sauce coats the pears.
- Serve the pork chops with the pear chutney spooned over the top.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill