This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Nectarine Pork Shish Kabobs are perfect for summer! Sweet nectarines grilled with tender marinated pork is a match made in grilling heaven.
Nectarine Pork Shish Kabobs
These sweet Nectarine Pork Shish Kabobs are hands down my favorite kabobs and one of my all time favorite summer meals. Tender, juicy pork marinated in a savory honey mustard sauce pairs perfectly with sweet grilled nectarines. There’s something about grilled fruit that just can’t be beat! Each bite is an explosion of citrusy flavor and the tender pork grills up with a sweet glaze that is mouthwatering. Each time we serve this to guests we get rave reviews!
Tips for Perfect Summer Grilling
From pork to beef to veggies and fruit, you can skewer and grill virtually anything! We grill out most days of the week during the summer and many of those meals include some sort of kabob or skewer recipe. Prep is simple, clean up is easy and the food tastes incredible. Some tips for perfect kabobs:
- Oil up your grill grate so the kabobs don’t stick.
- Don’t cook kabobs on super high heat. They’ll burn quickly if you’re not careful.
- We like making these on our pellet grill so there aren’t flare-ups. Plus it gives them an added delicious smoky flavor.
- Wooden or bamboo skewers can burn easily so I like to soak them in water for about 15 minutes before threading the food onto the sticks.
- While cooking, keep basting the pork and nectarines with honey so the glaze cooks nicely with the food.
What to Serve with Nectarine Pork Shish Kabobs
You can make these as an appetizer of a main dish. Either way be sure you make plenty because they will go FAST! Usually we make this as a main dish and serve with either Cilantro Lime Rice or Easy Lemon Rice. I love the zesty rice flavors with the sweet flavor of the skewers. They balance out nicely. You can also serve over salad greens or with roasted potatoes.
More Kabob Recipes to Try
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Key Lime Yogurt Dip:Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Key Lime Yogurt Dip are a win at any BBQ. The grill really enhances the flavor of pineapples, bananas, strawberries, and melons.
- Savory Sweet Asian Glazed Pork Kabobs:You are going to love these Savory Sweet Asian Glazed Pork Kabobs! The marinade makes the pork so tender and gives it a tangy, sweet taste.
- Caribbean Shish Kabobs:The bacon-wrapped bananas are my FAVORITE part of these Caribbean Shish Kabobs. I know it sounds weird but they are amazing. The bacon is crispy on the outside and the bananas so soft and warm on the inside, that they melt in your mouth.
- Low Fat Lemon Chicken Kabobs: These low calorie zesty chicken kabobs are a great, light meal for those hot summer days. We love serving these with the lemon rice or cilantro rice mentioned above.
How to Make Nectarine Pork Shish Kabobs
Nectarine Pork Shish Kabobs
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients and stir in the pork pieces.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes, longer if possible.
- Cut each nectarine into six wedges.
- Alternate the nectarine and pork on skewers.
- Place kabobs on the grill and cook until browned.
- While cooking, baste the kabobs generously with honey. Enjoy!