This Easy Monte Cristo Recipe is a quick way to enjoy the sweet, savory flavors of a Monte Cristo with less work. They are baked in crescent dough, not fried.
Easy Monte Cristo Recipe
This Easy Monte Cristo Recipe is the invention of my daughter, Alexa. She is a huge fan of the Monte Cristos at Disneyland. Alexa is a college student and she wanted to come up with a new recipe. She found a new way to enjoy all of the savory, sweet, deliciousness of a Monte Cristo sandwich without all of the work. That is how the Easy Monte Cristo Recipe was born! I have to say the results were great!
What are Monte Cristos?
A Monte Cristo sandwich is a variation of the French “croque-monsieur.” It is a grilled or deep fried ham and cheese sandwich topped with béchamel, a french white sauce, or with a fried egg. The sandwich first appeared on a Parisian café menu in 1910. Since then, they became a favorite all over the world – especially at my house! With this Easy Monte Cristo recipe, the bread or batter that is used for a regular Monte Cristo sandwich is replaced by refrigerated crescent dough. The sandwich is baked, not fried. This saves quite a few steps in the process. These are so good dipped in raspberry jam, but they are also delicious with peach and apricot jam or preserves.
Monte Cristos for Breakfast
We love Monte Cristos so much that we couldn’t just have them for lunch and dinner – we had to have them for breakfast too! They already include eggs, so it just made sense to transition this recipe into a breakfast recipe! So, we decided to come up with Breakfast Monte Cristos! Then, we loved those so much that we came up with Easy Baked Monte Cristo French Toast! So, if you make our Easy Monte Cristo Recipe, and you love it as much as we do, make sure you try those out as well!
How to Make our Easy Monte Cristo Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out and separate the refrigerated dough into 8 triangles onto a cookie sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one slice of ham on each triangle.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of cream cheese on each piece of ham.
- Place one slice of Swiss cheese over the cream cheese.
- Roll up each triangle into a crescent shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- After baking, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Dip in raspberry jam and enjoy!