Going Gluten Free doesn’t mean missing out on your favorite foods at the happiest place on earth! Here are our simple and tasty tips for Eating Gluten Free at Disneyland.
Gluten Free at Disneyland
Since finding out from my doctor that I can no longer eat gluten, one of my main concerns has been “how can I eat my favorite foods at Disneyland?” Because you know how much we love our Disney around here I didn’t want my newfound dietary restrictions to, well, restrict my Disney experience. However after some research I was pleasantly surprised at all the options Disney has for those of us with gluten issues. Here are some simple tips to finding delicious dishes for anyone eating gluten free at Disneyland.
Sit Down Dining
- Treat yourself to some of the most delicious food Disney has to offer by making a reservation at one of the sit down restaurants in the park.
- When you call ahead to make your reservation (and you should because sit-down places fill up fast!) let them know that you have a gluten allergy. They can alert you to some of the dishes available at the restaurant.
- If there is something specific on the menu you would like to eat, let them know in advance and many times they can make you a gluten free version. I was able to call ahead and get a gluten free Monte Cristo sandwich at the Cafe Orleans, and it was fabulous!
- Most of the sit down dining locations also have a allergy friendly menu available on-line or at the door for easy viewing.
- To make a reservation, call (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463.
- You can also book online; just be sure to type in about your food restrictions. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/
Quick Service Dining
- When you order at the counter of any quick service dining spot, let the cast member know of your gluten allergy and they can help you make a selection from their gluten free menu.
- Any place that serves sandwiches carries gluten-free buns so you can enjoy the same sandwiches, burgers and hot dogs as everyone else.
- If you’re going to a buffet, let the cast members know of your dietary needs. They’re trained to walk you through and inform you which items are okay to eat.
Snacks Around the Park
- Snacking Gluten Free at Disneyland doesn’t take any guess work, thanks to the lists of GF items avalable.
- Stop at City Hall on Main Street to get a current listing of gluten-free items offered around the park. You’ll find a complete list of food items, including snacks at both Disneyland and California Adventure.
Bring In Your Own
- Gluten free guests are allowed to bring food into Disneyland and California Adventure and any of the dining locations.
- Just inform security at bag check that someone in your group has a food allergy and you’ll be able to take them inside.
More Disney Dining Ideas
For more ideas on finding the best food at the happiest place on earth, check out these posts!