This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe is rich, moist, and delicious! Our recipe tastes just like the cake you can get at the popular Nothing Bundt Cakes shop, but at a fraction of the price.
Chocolate Bundt Cake
There are few things I love more than a Nothing Bundt Cake. If you have one nearby, you know what I’m taking about. They are dense and moist and delicious, but they are also a little pricey. You can make this bundt cake for much less than the cost of one at the store. And I guarantee you have most of these ingredients already in your fridge and pantry. This chocolate bundt cake recipe tastes just like the real thing – plus you can steal a taste of the cake batter and eat as much frosting as you want. I won’t tell.
Secret to a Moist Cake
I have tried my hand at several bundt cakes and this chocolate bundt cake is my favorite. What separates this cake from others that I’ve tried is how moist it is. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a cake as moist as this one. The secret is adding instant pudding mix and sour cream to the mixture. And because you start with a devils food cake mix, it’s such an easy recipe to make. No worrying about the right amount of cocoa powder or all purpose flour. All of that is taken care of in the dry ingredients of the cake mix. All you have to do is whisk in the sour cream, water and oil and you’re all set! Don’t forget the chocolate chips, which adds an extra level of richness to the finished product. You could use milk chocolate or semi-sweet, whatever you have on hand.
Cream Cheese Frosting
You could top this chocolate cake with a simple glaze or a layer of ganache glaze, but if you want a true copycat recipe, you must try this rich cream cheese frosting. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to frost this cake like a pro – all you need is a Ziplock bag and some scissors. Put the frosting into the bag, cut a tiny hole in the bottom corner and get busy! Watch the video in the recipe card to see how it works. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature, for that perfectly creamy texture.
More Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat Recipes
- Nothing Bundt Cake Carrot Cake – I found a new way to use all of the same ingredients, including the ease of a cake mix, yet give the cake a lighter texture that is similar to the Nothing Bundt Cake texture.
- For a sweet, tart cake, try our Nothing Bundt Cake Lemon Cake
- Nothing Bundt Cake White Chocolate Raspberry Cake – White chocolate chips and a raspberry filling give this cake so much flavor!
- Pumpkin bread lovers will adore this rich and moist Nothing Bundt Cake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake.
- Nothing Bundt Cake Red Velvet Cake – This Red Velvet Bundt Cake is rich and chocolatey and it is topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting.
More Delicious Cake Recipes
If you love cake you are in the right place! Check out some of our favorite cake recipes that make the perfect dessert for any occasion.
- Strawberries and Cream Cake– Strawberries and Cream Cake is a great summer dessert, loaded with fresh strawberries in both the cake and frosting! Perfect for a family get together.
- Cinnamon Swirl Cake– This Cinnamon Swirl Cake is one of my favorite desserts because it’s quick, easy and so yummy! It’s like a cinnamon roll in a cake, end everyone loves it!
- Carnival Cruise Warm Melting Cake– Have you tried the Carnival Cruise Line Warm Chocolate Melting Cake? If you’ve been on a Carnival Cruise, you know how amazing it is. If not, you can indulge in this decadent chocolate melting cake at home.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake– This Flourless Chocolate Cake is by far the easiest version I have ever made and it tastes just as good as more difficult recipes. It is light and decadent and has a rich chocolate flavor. And spread over the top is a silky smooth chocolate ganache.
- Chocolate Pudding Cake– This Chocolate Pudding Cake is probably the easiest chocolate cake recipe out there. There are only 4 ingredients!
- Orange Pineapple Cake– Orange Pineapple cake is a light, fruity cake with an island flair. You will love the delicious whipped creamy topping! Perfect for potlucks and parties!
- Coconut Cream Cake with Coconut Frosting– This Coconut Cream Cake is a coconut lovers dream! It is a coconut infused cake, with a rich and creamy coconut cream cheese frosting, sprinkled with even more toasted coconut.
How to Make Our Version of Nothing Bundt Cakes’ Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake
Our Version of Nothing Bundt Cakes’ Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake
- Bundt Cake Pan
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Mix first six ingredients together in a mixer or with beaters. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased bunt cake pan (cooking spray works great). Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove cake from bundt pan by placing a plate upside down over the bundt pan. While holding the plate firmly on top of the bundt pan, flip both over so the cake comes out onto the plate. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge overnight before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar. Start with 2 cups then keep adding more until it is nice and thick.
- Spoon the frosting into a Ziplock resealable gallon bag. Clip one bottom corner of the bag.
- Squeeze frosting out of the bag onto the cake in strips as pictured.