These easy Valentine’s Day desserts are sure to make your special day one to remember! From cakes to cookies to chocolates and more, we have it all.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Albertsons. All opinions are 100% mine.
Valentine’s Day Dessert Ideas
Looking for Valentine’s Day dessert ideas? We have over 35 desserts that will make your Valentine’s Day (or night) one to enjoy and remember.
Get Everything You Need For Valentine’s Day
At Albertsons, you can find all the ingredients you need for any of the recipes below, including our easy recipe for Chocolate Covered Strawberries (see recipe below). Albertsons is also our favorite one-stop shop for Valentine’s Day treats, gifts, gift cards, and grab-and-go Valentine’s Day desserts. Get everything you need for Valentine’s Day in one convenient trip.
I shopped at Albertsons in my local area, but you can also find a beautiful assortment of Valentine’s Day must-haves at any of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons. Albertsons also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!
When it comes to Valentine’s Day cakes, the possibilities are endless. You can make anything from decadent chocolate cakes, to rich and smooth cheesecakes, to flavorful ice cream cakes and more! Click the links below to try some of our favorites!
- Ridiculously Easy Chocolate Layered Cake
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat
- White Chocolate Raspberry Nothing Bundt Cake
- Dutch Oven Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Molten Cake
- Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Malt Cake with Chocolate Icing
- Better Than Sex Cake
Tortes, Cheesecakes, & More:
Valentine’s Day Cookies and Brownies
We love decorating cookies for Valentine’s Day. It is a fun tradition where we can get the kids involved. You can make simple sugar cookies with frosting or go all-out and make fancy cookies with royal icing.
These cute bite-sized Valentine’s Day desserts are perfect for anyone who wants a fancy dessert with little mess. Most of these desserts can be eaten without a fork or spoon so cleanup is easy. Also, they can be eaten standing up! We love these kinds of desserts because they are easy and perfect for parties.
Valentine’s Chocolates and Truffles
Nothing quite says Valentine’s Day quite like chocolate, amirite? These tasty chocolates and truffles can be enjoyed as a dessert or boxed up to be given to your special Valentine. They can be made days (or even weeks) ahead of time. That way you can spend your Valentine’s Day doing… whatever you like doing Valentine’s Day 😉
Chocolate + Fruit
Fruit and chocolate combined is just… sexy. Also, the combination is downright delicious. Prepare your chocolate-covered fruit ahead of time or simply make chocolate fondue and dip your favorite fruit as your dessert course.
More Valentine’s Day Dessert Ideas
Want to try something different and new for your next Valentine’s Day party? Try our delicious Valentine’s Day charcuterie board because it is gorgeous! Looking for something fun for the kids? Definitely check out our Valentine’s-themed gingerbread house, so cute! Want something easy that you can throw together in minutes and eat while watching your favorite rom-com? Our white chocolate popcorn is for you.
How To Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 20 strawberries (more or less depending on the size)
- 12 ounces melting chocolate
- 6 ounces white chocolate melting chocolate (optional)
- decorating sprinkles (optional)
- Wash and dry strawberries. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions or use a double-boiler method. We did the double-boiled method using a pressure cooker. We placed 1 cup of water in the pressure cooker and pressed "saute" then placed a large glass bowl over the top. This allows the chocolate to melt and too hot.
- Stir chocolate until smooth and melted.
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate and rotate until covered in chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place strawberries on a sheet of parchment paper of wax paper to cool and harden.
- Melt white chocolate (optional) and place in a plastic Ziplock bag. Using sharp scissors, snip off a tiny bit of the corner and drizzle over the top of the strawberries. If you prefer, you can sprinkle sprinkles over the strawberries as a decoration as well.
- These chocolate covered strawberries can be cooled and refrigerated for up to 2 days before serving.