Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette is a fresh and zesty dressing for all kinds of salads. The perfect Cafe Rio and Costa Vida copycat recipe!
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
What are Tomatillos?
One of the most important ingredients in this Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette are tomatillos. They may look like unripe tomatoes, but these small, green fruits have a slightly more acidic, less sweet flavor than tomatoes and the texture is much thicker than tomatoes. You can find them in the produce section at your regular grocery store. To prepare, remove the tough outer husk, give them a quick rinse, then toss them in the food processor or blender with the rest of the ingredients listed below. Tomatillos can be eaten raw or roasted, and their fresh flavor is perfect for a light, zesty vinaigrette. If you love tomatillos (I know I do!) try our Homemade Tomatillo Salsa Verde next time you make Mexican food.
Tips for Making Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Using the freshest ingredients available will make all the difference in how this dressing turns out. I can usually find good tomatillos in most grocery stores but you could venture out to a farmer’s market or try growing your own!
- Look for fresh cilantro as well. You can find fresh bunches of cilantro in the produce section of your grocery store, but I love growing it in my garden. It’s easy to grow and it can be used in a million different recipes.
- When you blend this dressing, make sure you mix it REALLY well to get rid of any chunks. This dressing is best served super smooth.
- This recipe makes a huge batch of salad dressing, so you can store it in a bottle or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Use it for salads, a dip for veggies, or as a marinade for chicken, fish, or beef. It’s so delicious!
More Delicious Copycat Recipes
We love a good copycat recipe, and we absolutely adore anything from Cafe Rio and Costa Vida! As much as we love going out to eat, there’s something so comforting about creating a homemade meal in your very own kitchen so are a bunch of our most scrumptious recipes straight from our favorite restaurant.
- The Complete Cafe Rio Pork Salad Recipe
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Copycat
- Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo)
- Cafe Rio’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Best Guacamole EVER
How to Make Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (Cafe Rio Copycat)
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (Cafe Rio Copycat)
- In a food processor or blender, combine tomatillos, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, and sugar.
- After it is blended well combine with balsamic vinaigrette in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is best).