This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Create your own restaurant-style burrito with our Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burrito Copycat Recipe. Smothered in enchilada sauce, it tastes just like the original.
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burrito Copycat Recipe
This Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burrito recipe tastes just like the favorite restaurant style burrito and is really easy to make at home! I often make Cafe Rio salads at home using the sweet pork but hadn’t attempted a copycat burrito yet. When my husband asked for the green, medium, enchilada sauce I tried my hand at it, and after a couple of tries, it turned out perfectly! He said this sauce tastes just like the sauce at Cafe Rio or Costa Vida, only a tiny bit spicier, which he liked. If you’re wanting all that yummy Cafe Rio flavor but don’t want to spend the money or time running to the restaurant, try this recipe!
What Kind of Sweet Pork Do I Use?
If you want the full Cafe Rio/Costa Vida Sweet Pork Burrito experience, you’re in luck! We have perfected the Sweet Pork recipe. It marinates over night and cooks in the crock pot. If you’re running short on time, you can use any pulled pork recipe with Mexican-inspired flavors.
Tips for Making This Recipe
- You can find the 9″ round disposable foil pans for your burritos for the full restaurant effect HERE (just like what Cafe Rio uses)
- Our rice and beans recipes are SUPER simple too. You definitely want the beans and rice to get the whole experience!
- We make our sweet pork burritos “enchilada style” by adding more enchilada sauce, topping it with more cheese, and heating in the oven until the cheese is melted. Add shredded lettuce and pico de gallo to the side and you are ready to go!
- This recipe is for one burrito but can easily be multiplied by however many you need. The sauce recipe can stretch a little to 2 or 3 burritos depending on how much you like to use.
More Cafe Rio Copycat Recipes
If you would like to check out ALL of our Cafe Rio copycat recipes, click HERE! Or try a few of our all time favorites:
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo)
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Homemade Tortilla Strips
- The BEST Guacamole EVER
- Cilantro Lime Rice
Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Sweet Pork Burrito
For the sauce:
For the burrito:
- 1 large tortilla shell click the link for our recipe
- 1/2 c cilantro lime rice click the link for our recipe
- 1/2 c black beans click the link for our recipe
- 3/4 c Cafe Rio sweet pork click the link for our recipe
- 1/2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- pico de gallo
- guacamole click the link for our recipe
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Layer rice, beans, pork, and half of the cheese on top of the tortilla. Roll it up into a burrito.
- Pour about ½ cup of the green enchilada sauce over the burrito and top with additional Monterey Jack cheese. Place in the oven at 450-degrees until cheese is melted.
- Serve with lettuce, pico de gallo, and guacamole.