Create your own restaurant style burrito with our Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burrito Copycat Recipe. Smothered in enchilada sauce, it tastes just like the original.
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burrito Copycat Recipe
This Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burrito recipe tastes just like the favorite restaurant style burrito and is really easy to make at home! I often make Cafe Rio salads at home using the sweet pork but hadn’t attempted a copycat burrito yet. When my husband asked for the green, medium, enchilada sauce I tried my hand at it, and after a couple of tries, it turned out perfectly! He said this sauce tastes just like the sauce at Cafe Rio or Costa Vida, only a tiny bit spicier, which he liked. If you’re wanting all that yummy Cafe Rio flavor but don’t want to spend the money or time running to the restaurant, try this recipe!
Tips for the Perfect Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burrito
- Start out with our version of Cafe Rio’s Sweet Pork and cook it in the crock pot. Right there, half your work is done!
- You can find the 9″ round disposable foil pans for your burritos for the full restaurant effect HERE (just like what Cafe Rio uses)
- The rice and beans are SUPER simple too. You definitely want the beans and rice to get the whole experience!
- Also, be generous with the cilantro! Cilantro is fresh, vibrant, and so flavorful in this recipe. Try it and let me know what you think! I KNOW you won’t be disappointed.
- Once your burrito is assembled, you can make it “enchilada style” by adding more enchilada sauce, topping it with more cheese, and heating in the oven until the cheese is melted. Add shredded lettuce and pico de gallo to the side and you are ready to go!
- This recipe is for one burrito but can easily be multiplied by however many you need.
More Cafe Rio Copycat Recipes
If you would like to check out ALL of our Cafe Rio copycat recipes, click HERE! Or try a few of our all time favorites:
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo)
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Homemade Tortilla Strips
- The BEST Guacamole EVER
- Cilantro Lime Rice
How to Make Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burritos:
For the sauce:
For the sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for at least 20 minutes. Serve warm. You can also refrigerate it overnight after simmering if you are making it in advance (My husband said it tasted even better the next day after all the flavors had settled). Just reheat in the small saucepan before serving.
For the burrito:
- Roll up rice, beans, pork and cheese in large tortilla shell to form the burrito. Slather with a big ladle full of the green enchilada sauce and top with additional Monterey Jack cheese. Place in the oven at 450-degrees until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, and/or sour cream.