This Tomatillo Salsa Verde is so versatile! I use it to make chili verde, enchiladas, salsa verde chicken, for chips and salsa, and more!
Tomatillo Salsa Verde
I was so excited when my neighbor came by the other day and gave me a huge bag of tomatillos. I love tomatillos and that same day I husked them and made this salsa. What I love most about this salsa is that you can do SO much with it! It isn’t just for dipping chips! You can use it as a base for chili verde, you can throw it in a crock pot with pork or chicken and make enchiladas, you can use it so make salsa verde chicken (recipe coming soon)… seriously the possibilities are endless.
You can also can this salsa… just throw it in jars and process as you would canned salsa (see here). So easy, so versatile… and absolutely DELICIOUS!
How to make Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Blend tomatillos in a blender or large food processor.
- Add onion and remaining ingredients (you may have to do it in 2 batches depending on the size of your blender/food processor).
- Put it all in a large stock potover medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Turn heat to low and simmer over low heat for about an hour, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Cool and then refrigerate til ready to serve.
- Blendtec Blender
- Food Processor