Roasted radishes are delicious and can be a nice side dish or snack. Whip them up in no time with this easy and flavorful recipe.
Radishes haven’t always been my first pick when it comes to veggies. I usually go for a salad or some roasted asparagus. However, I’ve recently discovered that roasting radishes makes them so good! Cooked radishes taste like a cross between a potato and a carrot. They have a great texture and bite to them. These root vegetables have a mellow flavor so you can dress them up with lots of different spices and seasonings.
Ingredients for Roasted Radishes
- Raw Radishes – I like to buy the Rainbow Radishes from Trader Joe’s simply because they are pretty. However, you can find whole radishes in the produce section at the grocery store.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is my favorite oil for this recipe, but you can also use avocado oil.
- Spice Blend – For this recipe I used a simple spice blend. See below for variations.
- Fresh Herbs for Garnish – This is totally optional, but I like to sprinkle some fresh herbs as a garnish at the end. I think it makes the dish look pretty and it adds just a bit of freshness. Try parsley, dill, fresh basil, or chives.
Roasted Radishes have such a mellow flavor that they pair with lots of different spice blends! The spice blend in the recipe below is pretty basic, so feel free to spice it up! Here are some of my favorite ways to flavor the radishes:
- Cajun Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper
- Taco Seasoning
- Curry Powder
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- Italian Seasoning
Radishes come in all shapes and sizes. When cutting the radishes, try to make the pieces relatively the same size. This will ensure they all cook at the same rate.
We love to serve these roasted radishes alongside chicken or fish. They are light and fresh and perfect for pairing with meat right off the grill.
After roasting, you can set your oven to broil and broil the radishes for a few minutes, until crispy. You can also crisp them up in the air fryer.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. They should be good for a few days. They are best reheated in the air fryer.
More Side Dish Recipes
If you love our roasted radishes, then try some of our other delicious side dish recipes!
How to Make Roasted Radishes
- Preheat oven to 350. Wash and dry the radishes. Cut off the tops and ends and cut them into halves or quarters to make them relatively similar sized pieces.
- Add olive oil and all the spices and toss until the radishes are coated.
- After tossing, place the radishes on a baking sheet. Spread them out in a single layer with space between them.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.