Shrimp Pasta Salad is an easy summer salad that can be a main course or side dish. Fresh shrimp with a creamy zesty dressing that everyone will love!
I love SHRIMP! I love LEMON! I love DILL! Put them all together with a few extra ingredients and you get this fresh and tasty Shrimp Pasta Salad. I tried a recipe similar to this at a Pampered Chef party several years ago and I loved it. I have been craving shrimp and so I thought I would try to recreate it. The taste is light and tangy. I like the chunky fresh vegetables tossed in with the big bites of shrimp and pasta… yum! Fresh dill is so flavorful! It smells good, it tastes good, and it looks pretty in a salad.
If you have never used fresh dill, try it! You can find it at your local market in the produce section, or even grow it in your own garden. In the market, it comes in long stems with feathery leaves of the dill weed coming off of the stem. I’ve found the easiest way to cut small amounts for recipes like this is to use kitchen shears, or even a pair of clean scissors. Clip the feathery leaves into approximately 1/8 inch pieces until you have the amount you need. Do not use the thick stems – just the feathery leaves. Another tip for using fresh dill in pasta or potato salads, is to let it sit overnight. The flavor and fragrance of the dill will be optimized the next day in whatever dish you are using it in.
- For the dressing, zest the whole lemon and then juice it. Combine the zest, lemon juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, fresh dill, and salt. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine pasta, shrimp, cucumber, carrots, pepper, and green onions.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but several hours or overnight is best.