This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Shrimp Pasta Salad is the perfect summer main course or side dish. You’ll love the fresh shrimp and tender pasta in a vibrant lemon dill sauce. It’s a flavor explosion!
Shrimp Pasta Salad
This Shrimp Pasta Salad combines the zesty, fresh flavors of lemon, dill, and shrimp together for a delicious summer meal. I tried a similar recipe at a Pampered Chef party several years ago and fell in love! During the summer I crave shrimp all the time, so I thought I would recreate it. This recipe features a light, tangy dill sauce with chunky fresh veggies tossed in with big bites of shrimp and pasta. Best served out on the patio on a warm summer evening. You’ll love this light meal that is packed with tons of flavor!
Using Fresh Dill
Fresh dill brings this shrimp pasta salad to life! If you’ve never used the fresh herb, it’s really easy to work with and enhances any dish. Here’s what you need to know:
- Find it at your local market in the produce section OR grow your own.
- In the market, it comes in long stems with feathery leaves of the dill weed coming off the stem.
- I’ve found the easiest way to cut small amounts for recipes like this is to use kitchen shears or a pair of clean scissors.
- Clip the feathery leaves into approximately ⅛ inch pieces until you have the amount you need.
- Don’t use the thick stems, just the feathery leaves.
- If you can, allow the salad to refrigerate overnight; the flavor and fragrance of the dill grows stronger as it sits and really enhances whatever dish you’re using it in.
What Kind of Shrimp to Use for Pasta Salad
Look for a medium size shrimp, and some that have been deveined, shelled and already cooked. You can find raw shrimp at your market’s meat counter or you can use frozen pre-cooked shrimp. I have found several kinds at Costco that are really good. You can also de-vein and boil your own. It only takes a few minutes; shrimp cooks up really fast! Just make sure the shrimp is chilled before you add it to the rest of the salad ingredients.
What to Serve with this Salad
Shrimp Pasta Salad can be served all on its own as a main course or as a side dish to any grilled meat. Try some of these recipes alongside your salad:
How to Make Shrimp Pasta Salad
Shrimp Pasta Salad
- For the dressing, zest the whole lemon and then juice it. Combine the zest, lemon juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, fresh dill, and salt. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine pasta, shrimp, cucumber, carrots, pepper, and green onions.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but several hours or overnight is best.