Crock Pot Pizza Bake has all the flavors of your favorite pie with the ease of using a slow cooker. Cheesy, meaty, oh so tasty!
Crock Pot Pizza Bake
This Crock Pot Pizza Bake has all of the favorite flavors of pizza in a hearty pasta dish. I love the convenience of being able to make it ahead of time. It doesn’t cook that long in the crock pot, just two or three hours. Toss all the ingredients in the crock pot just before picking the kids up from school. This frees up that hectic dinner time rush to spend on homework or running errands, or maybe even relaxing for a little while with a good book – wouldn’t that be nice!
Suggestions for Crock Pot Pizza Bake
- This recipe is very adaptable to your favorite toppings. You can omit or add any pizza toppings to make it personal to your family. We’ve also added green peppers, Canadian bacon, diced tomatoes, pineapple, bacon, red onion, just about any toppings you like!
- If your slow cooker has a hot spot and tends to burn casserole type dishes, layer and fold sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil until you have a six-layer foil rectangle. Press the rectangle into the “hot spot” side of the slow cooker insert. The food will help hold the foil in place during cooking. You could also line the entire Crock pot with foil, which makes clean-up a breeze.
- You can use your preferred type of pasta for this Crock Pot Pizza, but keep in mind that thicker pastas work best in the slow cooker. I prefer using Rigatoni in this dish because it holds its shape and firmness well.
More Slow Cooker Supper Recipes
Winter, spring, summer or fall, my slow cooker always gets a good workout! Try a few of our most treasured Crock Pot recipes and enjoy the ease of dinner preparation!
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Crock Pot Steak and Gravy
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
- Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops
How to Make Crock Pot Pizza Bake
- Coat crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup sauce on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Boil pasta according to package directions, but only cook for 5 minutes. The pasta will finish cooking in the crock pot.
- In a large skillet, crumble and cook sausage until it is browned on the outside. Add onion and mushrooms. Continue to cook until sausage is no longer pink in the middle.
- Layer ingredients in the following order: 1/3 of sausage/onion/mushroom mixture, 1 cup sauce, 1/3 of cooked pasta, 1 cup cheese, 1/3 of pepperoni slices, 1/3 olives.
- Repeat layers until ingredients are all used. On the 3rd layer, use 2 cups of cheese. This makes the top extra cheesy and it will look like the top of a pizza.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
Oven Pizza Bake Option:
- Layer ingredients in a deep dish pan or large casserole dish, omitting the last layer of cheese and pepperoni. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle on the last layer of cheese and pepperoni. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker