These wontons are so tasty… a great appetizer for parties! Our sister-in-law, Amber, always makes them for our brother, Devin’s, Super Bowl Party each year. LOVE THEM! We make these all the time for get-togethers and they are always a favorite!
Crab & Cream Cheese Wontons
- 1/2 pkg wonton wrappers (you can find these in any grocery store near the produce)
- 1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 c. fresh crabmeat (optional)
- 1 egg white, whipped
- oil for frying
- Put about 1 heaping tsp. of cream cheese in the middle of each wonton wrapper (if you are using crabmeat, mix the crab and cream cheese together before adding to the wonton wrapper).
- Brush egg white (or you can just use water) around the edge of the wrapper and fold over to seal (if you are confused on how to fold it, look on the back of the wonton wrapper package.. it will show you step by step how to do it).
- Fry in oil until golden brown. That's it! Serve with sweet and sour sauce combined with chili paste (or if you are a wimp and don't like it spicy, just serve with sweet and sour sauce).
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2012