Our Wingers Wings with Freakin’ Amazing Sauce tastes exactly like the restaurant version, but super easy to make at home. Sweet, spicy, completely addicting!
Wingers Wings with Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
We are proud to be the home of the FIRST copycat recipe for these Wingers Wings and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce! Since posting the recipe for the sauce back in 2009, it has become a favorite all over the internet. Other bloggers have used our recipe but we are the ORIGINAL (well, the original COPYCAT.. haha)! It’s one of our most shared recipes, and we are thrilled to be able to share it with you.
Suggestions for Wingers Wings and Sauce
- To make the wings even more spicy and crispy, try combining some corn starch and buffalo sauce along with the flour mixture. Our dear readers tell us that will give the skin an extra crispy kick!
- Add a little ranch dressing to the amazing sauce to make Wingers Creamy Amazing Sauce. It’s the perfect salad dressing, french fry sauce, veggie dip, you name it!
- If you’ve ever dined at Wingers you know about their bottomless popcorn. Try dipping popcorn in the creamy amazing sauce. You’re welcome.
- Add Freakin’ Amazing sauce to burgers, grilled chicken, kabobs, pork, or even baked potatoes. You cannot go wrong with this stuff!
- We’ve tried many kinds of hot sauce over the years, and Franks Hot Sauce is by far superior. You can find it at your regular grocery store. Trust me, it’s worth it to find that particular brand. Nothing else tastes quite like it!
More Restaurant Copycat Recipes
Be sure to also try our version of Wingers Sticky Fingers and our Air Fryer Chicken Wings that use the same Winger’s Original sauce! The reviews on these recipes speak for themselves! Try more of our favorite restaurant copycat recipes too!
- Complete Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake
- Orange Chicken (Panda Express Copycat)
- Melting Pot’s Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- Zuppa Toscana Soup (Olive Garden Copycat)
Find a full list of our famous copycat recipes here!
How to Make Wingers Wings with Freakin’ Amazing Sauce
For the Wings
Wingers Freakin' Amazing Sauce
- 1/3 cup Franks Hot Sauce (It has to be Franks Hot Sauce, no other sauce will taste as good)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
For the Wings
- Mix the flour, cayenne and salt together in a bowl.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with flour mixture until they are evenly coated (or you can do it the Shake n’ Bake way and put it all in a large and coat 5 or so wings at a time so they get evenly covered).
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Make Wingers Freakin Amazing Sauce (below)
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown.
- Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, add sauce mixture and stir together.
Wingers Freakin Amazing Sauce
- Heat up hot sauce, brown sugar, and water in a saucepan until all the sugar dissolves.
- Remove sauce from heat and allow it to cool to room temperature before adding to wings OR prepare ahead of time and refrigerate.
- The wings turn out best if you don’t pour warm sauce over them. You want it nice and thick.