I wish I could take credit for this recipe because it is DELICIOUS! I found this recipe on Pinterest and followed it to this blog. I made a couple adjustments, but not many. This is a great one if you want that good KFC flavor without having to go to KFC. Yummmm! I already can’t wait to make this again. If you want your chicken to be more on the crispy side, feel free to experiment by double-coating the chicken or adding a handful or two of panko bread crumbs to the seasoning mix.
- 2-3 chicken breast halves, cut into strips or large pieces
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. Morton's Season All Seasoning Salt (or your favorite seasoning salt)
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 c. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
- Place chicken strips in a large Ziploc bag and cover with buttermilk. Seal bag tightly (squeezing out all the air) and allow chicken to soak for at LEAST an hour (several hours is best).
- In a shallow bowl or pie pan, combine seasoning salt, pepper, flour, and paprika. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan with cooking spray then cut up the butter into pieces and place around the bottom of the pan (doing it this way keeps the chicken from sticking as bad).
- Place the pan in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until the butter is melted and HOT.
- Remove from oven and spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan.
- Shake excess buttermilk off of chicken and completely coat each piece with the seasoning mix.
- Carefully place each piece of chicken in the pan.
- Cook for 15 min. Turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 15-20 more minutes, or until cooked through.