This Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is the perfect side dish. A favorite for holiday meals or Sunday dinners! You will love the creamy, sweet, and savory combination of flavors.
You literally just throw it all in the slow cooker and that’s it! It is always the first side-dish to get polished at the table and everyone is always wanting seconds. It is also easy to multiply to make large batches for holiday potlucks. Everyone will rave over it (little will they know how easy it is)! I have made this both with fresh corn and frozen corn and both turn out great. Of course, fresh corn is slightly sweeter, more crunch, and fresh. However, if you are in a hurry or don’t have access to fresh corn, frozen still tastes great.
You can make a quick version over the stove if you are looking to make it quick (instructions included below) but the advantage of making this creamed corn in a slow cooker is so the corn has time to absorb all the cream. Trust me, it’s worth it!
Health Benefits of Corn
Because of fad diets and misinformation over the past decade or so, corn has received a bum rap. There are many health benefits to eating corn. Here are just a few reasons corn should be included in your diet:
- Corn is rich in vitamins A, B, and E. Vitamin A, also known as retinol, increases the immunity and helps the body to fight infection. It helps with eyesight and dry skin. The B vitamins in corn help maintain nerve health and cognitive function. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease, and improved the immune system as a whole.
- Corn is a source of fiber. Fiber aids in digestion and promotes colon health.
- Corn is abundant in minerals such as magnesium, zinc, iron, and manganese. These minerals are essential for bone health, regulating growth, heart health, and maintaining healthy kidney functions.
- Corn contains phenolic phytochemicals. Phytochemicals can help regulate insulin in the body which helps control diabetes and hypertension.
More Delicious Corn Recipes
- Bacon and Corn Chowder – A delicious and flavorful chowder for the chilly days of fall and winter. It is loaded with potatoes, corn, and bacon.
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn – This grilled corn on the cob is incredibly good! It is flavored with Cotija cheese, chili powder, and lime.
- Easy Creamy Corn Dip – This creamy dip is quick and easy to make. It is the perfect dip for tortilla chips when you want something more filling than salsa.
- More Corn Recipes – For more corn recipes, check our collection of “Cravable Corn Recipes.”
How to Make Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
*If you need to whip it up faster (without a slow cooker), combine all ingredients in a medium sized pot and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until heated through and thickened.