I love this cheese fondue. It is one of my favorites at Melting Pot and I nailed it on the head (with a LOT of help from my waiter.. he was nice enough to pretty much hand me the recipe last time we were there). My husband and I do a fancy Christmas candlelight dinner each year and this is what we made for part of it this year. It was perfect. I am telling you, this IS the recipe.
|Our Version of Melting Pot’s Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue|| |
- 3 oz. vegetable broth
- appx. 1-2 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
- appx. 1-2 oz. artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2½ oz. Butterkäse cheese* (if you can't find this, you can substitute Farmer's Cheese or Romanian Cream Cheese.. if you can't find these either, see the recipe below to make your own "fake" Butterkäse.)
- 2½ oz. Fontina cheese
- 1 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- a small amount of flour
- dash Tabasco sauce
- Heat vegetable broth in fondue-type unit or similar cooking pot. When hot (do not bring to a boil) add spinach, artichoke hearts, and garlic and mix well. (I have had two different employees of the MP tell me that you need to lightly flour the cheese before adding it in). Combine Butterkäse and Fontina and add a little bit at a time to spinach/artichoke mixture, stirring constantly until you reach your desired consistency. Stir in Parmesan cheese and Tabasco sauce. Serve with french bread pieces and/or lightly steamed vegetables.
- *Fake Butterkäse (Keep in mind, the fake really isn't quite as good so try your hardest to find the real Butterkäse. Only use this recipe if you are desperate and truly can't find it anywhere): Mix ½ brick (4oz) of cream cheese with ¼ cup of buttermilk and ½ tablespoon of sour cream.. you would only use 2½ oz. of this so a LITTLE more than half of what this recipe would make.