This Warm Bacon Cheese Dip in Sourdough is a favorite appetizer at parties. The creamy dip is baked in the oven right in the sourdough bowl and served warm.
This Warm Bacon Cheese Dip in Sourdough is so addicting! I got the recipe from Elise when we were first married, we make it all the time when we get together with friends. Once you take a bite it is hard to stop. This is one of our favorite dips to make during the holidays. It is the perfect appetizer for holiday parties or New Year’s Eve.
My favorite thing about this dip is that it is baked and served in a round sourdough loaf. The dip is insulated within the “bread bowl” and it stays warm for a long time. I can’t begin to tell you how flavorful, rich, and creamy this dip is. The house smells amazing while it is baking in the oven. It is best served with the chunks or sourdough bread, but it is also delicious on crackers and pita chips. It just needs to be something substantial to hold the dip, because it is on the thicker side.
- When making this dip, be sure to get a large round sourdough loaf. This makes about 5 cups of dip, so it won’t fit in a regular size bread bowl that you would make or buy to use for serving soup.
- Be careful when removing the bread from the inside of the loaf. You want to keep the walls of the bowl thick enough to hold the dip.
- You will need more bread for dipping than what you hollow out from the sourdough loaf. Buy extra bread, crackers, or pita chips to use for dipping along with the bread from the sourdough loaf.
How to Make Warm Bacon Cheese Dip in Sourdough
Warm Bacon Cheese Dip in Sourdough
Cut out a circle in the top of the bread and gut out the middle to make a bread bowl (save inside pieces of bread for dipping).
In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Worcestershire sauce.
Then mix in bacon. Pour into the bread bowl.
Wrap up the whole thing in aluminum foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Serve with extra bread from bowl and crackers.
More Delicious Appetizers
- Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball – A flavorful cheese ball that is delicious any time of year.
- Shrimp Cocktail Dip – This is the easiest dip ever – it only takes about 5 minutes to throw together and it is so good.
- Cranberry Salsa – This salsa is made with fresh cranberries and jalapeños. It is so pretty on the plate.
- Blue Cheese Bombs – These buttery and cheesy bites are a 3-ingredient recipe. They are little bites of heaven!
- Cinnamon Almonds in the Slow Cooker – These Cinnamon Almonds will make your house smell like Christmas… and they taste just as good as they smell!