Warm Bacon Cheese Dip in Sourdough is a favorite appetizer at parties. The creamy dip is baked in the oven right in the sourdough bowl!
Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
This Warm Bacon Cheese Dip is the most addicting appetizer or party food! Elise served this all the time at family gatherings and it became such a hit I knew I needed to have the recipe for myself, and then of course share it with you! Many of our family holiday parties or New Year’s Eve game nights includes this cheesy, savory, creamy dip. And because it comes together with only five simple ingredients, you can make it all the time! My favorite part is that it’s baked right in a round sourdough loaf. It stays nice an insulated in the bread bowl and stays warm long after coming out of the oven, so it’s the perfect addition to any buffet spread.
Tips for the Sourdough Bread Bowl
- It’s easy to find large sourdough bread loaves at your grocery store or bakery. You want it large enough to old all the ingredients, so look for one that will hold about five cups of filling once hollowed out.
- If you don’t love sourdough bread, find a nice Italian bread round or honey whole wheat. Just make sure it’s crusty on the outside and tender on the inside so it can hold all the cheesy sauce without getting soggy.
- Use caution when removing the bread from inside the loaf; you’ll want to keep the walls of the bowl thick enough to hold the dip.
- You will definitely need more bread for dipping than what you hollow out from the sourdough loaf. Buy extra bread, crackers or pita chips to dunk along with the bread from the sourdough loaf.
- Garnish the dip with shredded cheddar cheese, extra bacon bits, fresh parsley or green onions.
More Delicious Appetizers
This Warm Bacon Cheese Dip takes center stage at nearly every holiday buffet, but we love to serve it alongside some of our other favorite appetizers:
- Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball – A flavorful cheese ball that is delicious any time of year.
- Shrimp Cocktail Dip – This is the easiest dip ever – it only takes about 5 minutes to throw together and it is so good.
- Cranberry Salsa – This salsa is made with fresh cranberries and jalapeños. It is so pretty on the plate.
- Blue Cheese Bombs – These buttery and cheesy bites are a 3-ingredient recipe. They are little bites of heaven!
- Cinnamon Almonds in the Slow Cooker – These Cinnamon Almonds will make your house smell like Christmas… and they taste just as good as they smell!
How to Make Warm Bacon Cheese Dip in Sourdough
- Cut out a circle in the top of the bread and gut out the middle to make a bread bowl (save inside pieces of bread for dipping).
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Then mix in bacon. Pour into the bread bowl.
- Wrap up the whole thing in aluminum foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Serve with extra bread from bowl and crackers.