The Melting Pot’s Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue is one of my favorite copycat recipes. Smooth, creamy melted cheese with spinach and artichokes that add incredible flavor!
Melting Pot Fondue Recipe
This Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue is my favorite cheese to order at The Melting Pot restaurant. After our last visit I was able to duplicate the recipe with a lot of help from our waiter. He was nice enough to pretty much explain the entire recipe to me step by step. This recipe tastes exactly the same as the fondue we had in the restaurant: rich, smooth and perfectly creamy. And the best part is, you can make it yourself for a fraction of the cost of eating it at the restaurant. The Melting Pot is such a fun dinner experience, but it is pricey!
What to Serve with Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- Make this fondue recipe a full meal by adding pieces of cooked meat like chicken, beef, shrimp or sausage.
- Wrap some pieces of chicken in bacon and you have a real treat!
- Brussels sprouts
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Granny Smith apples
To steam vegetables, you want them to be cooked “al dente” so they are still crisp and fresh, not limp and soggy.
Pick a Fondue Pot
If you are a fan of fondue, you are going to love this recipe. Each time we make it, not a drop is wasted. We use bread to scoop up every last bit of the creamy, rich cheese. If you don’t have a fondue pot, we highly recommend the Oster Fondue Pot available at Amazon, Target, and other department stores. It is easy to use and it keeps the fondue at just the right temperature.
More Fondue and Dip Recipes
There’s nothing more fun than gathering with your friends around a hot bowl of dip and enjoying a fun meal together. Try these delicious recipes:
- Cheddar Cheese Fondue
- Chocolate Fondue
- Sun Dried Tomato and Artichoke Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Warm Bacon Cheddar Cheese Dip in Sourdough
How to make The Melting Pot’s Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 1 c fresh spinach loosely packed, chopped
- 3/4 c. artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 7 oz. Butterkäse cheese grated - if you can't find this, you can substitute Farmer's Cheese or Romanian Cream Cheese
- 5 oz Parmesan cheese blend grated - be sure to find one that has the first two ingredients as parmesan and Fontina cheese
- Heat vegetable broth in fondue pot or similar cooking pot.
- When hot (do not bring to a boil) add spinach, artichoke hearts, and garlic and mix well. Continue to cook until the spinach and artichokes hearts soften.
- Combine the Butterkäse and Parmesan/Fontina grated cheeses, and add to the broth a little bit at a time, stirring constantly.
- Continue melting a stirring until you have added all the cheese and the consistency is smooth and creamy.
- Serve with french bread pieces, steamed vegetables, cooked meat, chips, pretzels, or crackers.
- Fake Butterkäse Cheese (Keep in mind, the fake really isn't quite as good as the real Butterkäse. Only use this recipe if you can't find it anywhere):
- Mix 1/2 brick (4oz) of cream cheese with 1/4 cup of buttermilk and 1/2 tablespoon of sour cream.