This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Skotidakis Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip is creamy and tangy with a spicy kick. It’s the perfect dip for chips, crackers, or veggies and is light on calories too!
Featured with this recipe
- Greek Yogurt Dip with Real Ingredients
- How to make Easy Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip
- What to Dip with the Best Greek Yogurt Dip
- This is More Than a Dip!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storing Skotidakis Jalapeno Dip
- More Favorite Dip Recipes
- How to Make Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip
- Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip Recipe
I can’t get enough of this copycat Skotidakis jalapeño Greek yogurt dip recipe! You can dip everything from veggies to naan bread, to chips and crackers. It’s a light, healthy, flavorful dip that you can make yourself in just minutes.
I first came upon this Greek yogurt dip at Costco and would make Costco runs just for another carton. So imagine my disappointment when Costco suddenly stopped carrying it! I decided to create my own and it tastes just like the original, especially when you refrigerate it overnight. So yummy!
Greek Yogurt Dip with Real Ingredients
Skotidakis has real ingredients and real flavor! It made my job of creating a copycat recipe very easy. It makes me like their products even more because of the use of real ingredients. These ingredients are all-natural and fresh ingredients that make this good for you!
- Plain Greek yogurt – Greek yogurt is known to be a thicker yogurt that is healthy and has loads of flavor. Get the plain flavor of yogurt for this recipe.
- Red and green bell peppers – Cut the bell peppers into slices. These will be roasted to give the peppers a little more flavor.
- Onion – Quarter an onion and place on the baking sheet to be roasted with the peppers and garlic. You can use white, yellow, or red onion.
- Garlic – Use a whole garlic bulb and cut the top off of it to be baked. The cloves will cook inside.
- Roasted tomatoes – Buy these in the Mexican aisle in the canned section. Drain these really well before using them. Since they are already roasted you do not need to roast them unless you would like to.
- Jalapeños – Remove the seeds and the top of the jalapeño. Slice in half lengthwise and place on the baking sheet. Roasting jalapeños will help alleviate the heat but also give them a beautiful taste.
- Canola oil – Drizzle the canola oil over top the vegetables. Use a cruet if you have one at home. If not, pour the oil into a small bowl or cup and use a teaspoon to carefully drizzle over the vegetables.
- Paprika – This has a mild, sweet to the extra spicy range.
How to make Easy Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip
Coming up with this recipe was actually quite simple. I used the exact same ingredients that are on the Skotidakis label, roasted them, blended them up, and mixed them with non-fat greek yogurt. It was simple to make and came together perfectly!
- Roast vegetables – Cut bell peppers, onion, and jalapeños into large slices and place them on a baking sheet.
- Prepare garlic – Cut off the top of the garlic bulb and place them cut-side up on the baking sheet with the other veggies.
- Roast – Drizzle olive oil over all the vegetables and garlic. Roast at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add in – Scoop out the roasted garlic from the bulb and place it in a blender or food processor with the other roasted vegetables.
- Blend – Add roasted tomatoes, paprika, canola oil, and salt to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Fold together – Combine the mixture with plain Greek yogurt and add more salt if needed.
What to Dip with the Best Greek Yogurt Dip
This greek yogurt ranch dip is perfect for dipping and spreading. Slice your bread, cut your veggies, and pour out the chips and crackers for the best dip. It is gluten-free, keto-approved, low-carb, and healthy all around!
- Vegetables – Dip all your favorite vegetables in this greek yogurt dip. Try it with a cucumber, bell peppers, sliced carrots, or celery.
- Crackers – Use Triscuits or wheat crackers for a great combination!
- Bread – Naan or pita bread is always a thicker bread. Any baguette or french bread will be great!
- Chips – A hard, thick chip is best because this dip is thicker and does have a consistency that will weight down a chip.
This is More Than a Dip!
Use this dip for even more than just an appetizer! Try these different ways to make this sauce go a long way. Marinating, adding to pasta and seafood, or using it as a salad dressing or dip for french fries and even one follower said chicken wings!
- Protein – Try using this Greek yogurt dip as a marinade! We use it for chicken, then dip the yogurt-covered chicken in breadcrumbs at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. It’s delicious!
- Pasta – Add a scoop or two of the dip to your favorite Alfredo sauce and spoon it over noodles. It adds a gorgeous color and spicy flavor.
- Seafood – Baste shrimp over a grill and then serve them alongside veggies and rice. So many possibilities!
- Dressing – Use this as a light and tasty salad dressing for your favorite greens.
“Amazing. Put extra into quart-size baggies, pushed out air, and it kept for two weeks. Thank you!!!”-Monika
Frequently Asked Questions
To help make greek yogurt taste a little better or sweeter you can choose to add a spoonful of heavy cream, half and half for a creamy texture. Add vanilla, almond, or lemon juice to help with a variety of flavors. A spoonful of sugar, honey, or maple syrup to sweeten the yogurt.
Greek yogurt and sour cream have been known to be interchangeable in dips. Greek yogurt is a thick consistency similar to sour cream just with different flavors. Health-wise, Greek yogurt is lower in calories and fat and higher in protein compared to a full-fat sour cream carton.
Fresh herbs are always a great way to start when adding flavor! Parsley, chives, basil, cilantro, thyme, and kosher salt. Garlic powder and onion powder are also more ways to add seasoning.
Storing Skotidakis Jalapeno Dip
This Skotidakis jalapeño dip is easy to store and lasts in the refrigerator for five to six days long. Place the copycat dip in an airtight container and use it whenever you are needing a healthy snack or appetizer to dip in. I do not recommend freezing this dip. Once thawed, the flavor will be there but the consistency is going to be different and not appealing.
More Favorite Dip Recipes
Looking for more fabulous dips for your next party or potluck? Try some of these favorites:
How to Make Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip
Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip
- Food Processor
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bell peppers, onion, and jalapeños into large slices and place them on a baking sheet.
- Cut off the top of the garlic bulb and place them cut-side up on the baking sheet with the other veggies.
- Drizzle olive oil over all the vegetables and garlic and roast at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Scoop out roasted garlic from the bulb (it will be hot) and place in a blender or food processor with the other roasted vegetables.
- Add roasted tomatoes, paprika, canola oil, and salt to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the mixture with plain Greek yogurt (don't whip it together, just slowly fold it in) and add more salt if needed.
- For best results refrigerate in an airtight container overnight.
Storing Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt DipThis Skotidakis jalapeño dip is easy to store and lasts in the refrigerator for five to six days long. Place the copycat dip in an airtight container and use it whenever you are needing a healthy snack or appetizer to dip in. I do not recommend freezing this dip. Once thawed, the flavor will be there but the consistency is going to be different and not appealing.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.