Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip is one of my favorite dips of all time. It’s creamy and tangy with a little spice. It’s the perfect dip for chips and crackers and veggies and is light on calories too!
I can’t get enough of this copycat Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip. I dip everything from veggies, to naan bread, to chips and crackers. I love that I don’t have to feel guilty about it. I would make runs to Costco just for this dip. It is so delicious! So imagine how sad I have been these last few months when all of the Costcos within a 500 mile radius of us suddenly stopped carrying it. I have been waiting and waiting for it to be back on the shelves and I am starting to think it is never coming back. So, I did something about it. I created my own and it tastes just like the original, especially when you refrigerate it overnight!
Coming up with this recipe was actually quite simple. I used the exact same ingredients that are on the label, roasted them, blended them up and mixed them with Greek Yogurt. I have got to hand it to the folks at Skotidakis for keepin’ it real with real ingredients. It made my job creating a copycat recipe very easy. It makes me like their products even more because the use real ingredients.
As an added note, my kids call the Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip “Pink Salsa Dip.” I pulled it out of the fridge this morning and I was dipping carrots in it and my kids were begging me for it. I let them have at it and didn’t say anything about me making it. They ate it up without even questioning if it was the real thing. That is how I know this recipe is LEGIT. I totally got it past my kids (which isn’t easy)!
More than a dip
This Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip has so many other uses than just a dip. Try using it as a marinade. We used it for chicken and then dipped the yogurt-covered chicken in breadcrumbs at 350-degrees for 25 minutes and it was SO GOOD. You can also use it along with your favorite Alfredo sauce and spoon it over noodles. Just add a scoop or two to your sauce to add a little extra flavor! So many possibilities here!
How to make Copycat Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Cut bell peppers, onion, and jalepenos into large slices and place them on a baking sheet.
- Cut off the top of the garlic bulb and place cut-side up on the baking sheet with the other veggies.
- Drizzle olive oil over all the vegetables and garlic and roast at 400-degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Scoop out roasted garlic from the bulb (it will be hot) and place in a blender or food processor with the other roasted vegetables.
- Add roasted tomatoes, paprika, canola oil, and salt to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine mixture with plain Greek yogurt (don't whip it together, just slowly fold it in) and add more salt if needed.
- For best results refrigerate in an air-tight container overnight.
- Food Processor