Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is perfect for Sunday brunch. It’s swirled with sweet cream cheese and fresh blueberries with a sugary crumb topping.
This Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake turned out absolutely amazing! I made it for a family brunch and it was gone before I could go back for seconds. In fact, I have blueberries left over and I am going to make it again. Because one piece of this coffee cake is definitely not enough, and we were all left wanting more.
The batter will seem pretty thick, but don’t worry, that is how it is supposed to be. When it bakes up it always ends up perfect. This coffee cake is super moist and delicious, and you are going to love the bursts of flavor with the cream cheese swirls and fresh blueberries. This is great for breakfast when you have company or when you get together for brunch with friends. Or you can freeze individual slices and save it for yourself, which is what I am going to do with a few slices next time!
If you love coffee cake you should also try our other yummy flavors:
I have to admit, this Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is one of my all time favorite coffee cakes! Although I think it is a pretty close tie with our Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Coffee Cake. Both are so good, you can’t go wrong! It works out fine because I can make the Pumpkin Coffee Cake during Fall and the Blueberry Coffee Cake in the spring. 🙂 And you definitely want to try our Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake during the Holidays. Although when I am looking for a quick and easy coffee cake recipe, I love to whip up our Cake Mix Coffee Cake. And when I am in the mood for a coffee cake type dessert, I love our Cinnamon Swirl Cake with yummy frosting on top!
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. flour
- 1 small carton fresh blueberries
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a glass 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs and sour cream. Add the baking powder and salt and mix a little more. Add the flour a little at a time until completely mixed in. Last, gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Beat together the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix the sugar, flour, and butter with a pastry blender (or fork) until crumbly.
- Spread half the batter into the bottom of the 9x13 pan. Next, spread the cream cheese filling over the top. Then with the remaining batter, place spoonfulls all over the filling (try to spread them out evenly). Last, sprinkle the crumb topping over everything. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Let the cake cool for before serving.