Halloween Rice Krispie Treats are a fun twist on the traditional dessert. So easy to make and super cute, these are sure to be a spooky new favorite!
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
These cute little Halloween Rice Krispie Treats are such a fun twist on the traditional kid-friendly dessert. Perfect for class parties, work potlucks, or any time you need a fun holiday treat. Caramel and sweetened condensed milk gives these sweet snacks a delicious Fall flavor, and dipped in chocolate, they’re fun to eat and taste absolutely delicious!
Some Tips for Dipping Rice Krispie Squares
- You can use regular chocolate chips, white, milk, or semi-sweet. Just add a tablespoon of vegetable shortening for every one cup of chips when melting This will give the melted chocolate a smoother, thinner texture for coating the squares.
- I’ve also used Wilton Candy Melts, which can be found at Walmart, Michaels or several other craft stores.
- To melt chocolate, place into a microwave bowl and heat on medium for about thirty seconds,then stir well.
- Continue heating in 30 second intervals until the chips are completely smooth and melted. The chips or melts will hold their shape until stirred, so it is very important to stir well between each interval.
- Once you’ve dipped the squares you can decorate the Halloween Rice Krispie Treats with any kind of sprinkles or candies. Just make sure you sprinkle before the chocolate cools and hardens.
More Sweet Treats to Try
Looking for some more holiday treats that will set you apart from the rest? Try some of these simple, fun recipes:
- April Fool’s Day Pranks
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- Twelve Days of Christmas Treats
- Hamburger Cake
- Graham Cracker Cookies with Coconut
If you are looking for a simple Rice Krispie Treat recipe, try our 5-Minute Microwave Rice Krispie Treats!
How to Make Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Spray a jelly roll pan (12 inches x 18 inches) with non-stick cooking spray, or lightly grease using butter or margarine.
- Measure the 9 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal into a large bowl.
- In a heavy pot, melt butter, milk, caramels, and marshmallows on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When marshmallows and caramels are completely melted, pour over the cereal and stir until well blended.
- Spread coated Rice Krispies firmly and evenly onto the jelly roll pan. The mixture will be sticky. I have found the easiest way to do this is to lightly butter my fingers, or spray them with non-stick cooking spray, and press the mixture into the pan.
- Cool completely.
- When the Rice Krispies are completely cooled, cut them into 36 squares.
For Ghosts on a Stick
- Insert a lollipop stick or popsicle stick in the bottom of each square. Dip the square in white chocolate and place on waxed paper. Quickly add two mini chocolate chips for eyes before chocolate hardens. Let chocolate cool and harden. Ghosts can be wrapped in decorative bags or cellophane, or kept in an airtight container.
For Decorative Squares
- Dip a corner of each square in melted chocolate and place on waxed paper. Sprinkle seasonal sprinkles on chocolate. Allow chocolate to cool and harden before serving or storing in an airtight container.
- 12x18 inch pan