Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats take your traditional Rice Krispie treats to a whole new level. You will love the gooey caramel and the hint of salt!
Turns out she got it from a blog called Pink Polka Dot Creations. These Rice Krispie Treats are so chewy and SO yummy! The salted caramel adds such a rich flavor to the original recipe. One tip when you make these — make sure you have all your ingredients measured out first. You want to get the sauce on the cereal as quickly as possible, while its still hot, so its easier to have everything measured out. I like to mix the sauce and the cereal in a large bowl using two wooden spoons. When pressing the treats into the pan, make sure to spray your hands with a little cooking spray, otherwise you’ll end up with more treats on your hands than in the pan. You can speed up the cooling process by covering the pan and sticking it the freezer for about 20 minutes. Store these treats covered and at room temperature. You’re gonna love them!
- In a large bowl, combine cereal with the 1 additional cup of mini marshmallows. Set aside.
- Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once butter is melted, add brown sugar, whipping cream, and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom.
- Once caramel thickens, add salt and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and add the 10 oz bag of marshmallows. Stir until all marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture over cereal and marshmallows. Mix until combined.
- Press mixture into the 8x8 pan. Cover and cool completely before cutting.