This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Chicken Roll Ups are easy, made with pantry staples, and are so delicious! Even the pickiest of eaters will love this comfort food!
Easy Crescent Chicken Roll Ups
These Crescent Chicken Roll Ups are truly a “favorite family recipe”. I believe our Mom originally got this recipe from our Aunt Lana. We would always beg for this meal when we were kids! It is a VERY quick meal and is definitely a husband/kid pleaser. Something about the combination of a flaky roll, a savory chicken mixture, and creamy sauce on top that makes this meal totally irresistible!
Ingredients in Chicken Roll Ups
Chances are you have all the ingredients for this simple supper in your refrigerator and pantry cupboard right now. That’s why this is such a terrific last minute dinner for those busy weeknights when cooking is just the last thing on your mind. Here’s all you need:
- Shredded Chicken – You can use canned chicken or a couple of cups cooked chicken breast. If you have leftover rotisserie chicken or baked chicken, this is a perfect recipe to use up the leftovers.
- Cream cheese – an eight ounce package is all you need, or a tub of softened herb cream cheese is delicious too.
- Milk – any kind will work.
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Crescent roll dough – I always keep a couple of tubes of refrigerated crescent roll dough on hand for last minute meals.
- Bread crumbs – Use anything you have on hand to make a crumb mixture: panko crumbs, cracker crumbs, crushed croutons, etc.
- Butter – melted
Optional Add ins to the Chicken Mixture
If you aren’t working around picky eaters, and you want to add something to this dish, there are plenty of possibilities. Mix and match any of these additions and create new flavors every time!
- Cooked bacon crumbles
- Diced mushrooms
- Chopped onions
- Diced celery
- Fresh parsley
- Cayenne pepper
- Ranch dressing packet
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Top with slices of provolone cheese
- Slice of ham, chopped into bite size pieces
- Mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder
These chicken roll ups come together in just a couple of simple steps. Here’s all you need to do:
- In a bowl, pour milk, and blend together shredded chicken, cream cheese, salt and pepper.
- Separate the crescent rolls into triangles.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the bottom of the triangle, fold the bottom corners, and roll up.
- In a shallow bowl, melt butter, then dip chicken rolls into the butter
- Next, roll in crushed crumb mixture.
- Place each roll on a baking dish or cookie sheet and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
The Secret’s in the Sauce
If desired serve with a sauce of cream of chicken soup diluted with ½ cup milk over the crescent rolls. I also like to add salt, pepper, parsley, cayenne, and curry to the sauce.
How to Make Chicken Roll Ups Bigger
These chicken roll ups are little bite size rolls, perfect for little kids or for an appetizer. But if you want to make larger rolls for the grown-ups at mealtime, here’s how to do it:
- Instead of separating the crescent rolls into triangles, split the serrated dough into rectangles (two triangles together).
- Press the serrated seam of two triangles together to form a rectangle.
- Add a scoop of the chicken mixture.
- Roll the dough over the mixture and press the edges together, then press the ends together to form a complete chicken “pillow.”
Side Dishes to Serve with Crescent Chicken Roll Ups
Turn these easy chicken roll ups into a meal with any of these scrumptious side dishes.
What Our Readers Are Saying About Crescent Chicken Roll Ups
“Made these last night! SO good!” – Brady & Ashley
“We had these for dinner tonight and everyone loved them. My picky eater ate 3! Can’t wait to try some of your other recipes.” – Michelle Rowe
“I tried this recipe last night and it was AMAZING! I have two very picky little girls and they gobbled them right up! Definitely a new favorite at our house! Thanks!” – Terra
How to Make Easy Chicken Roll Ups
Chicken Roll Ups
- Blend together first four ingredients.
- Separate crescent rolls into triangles.
- Spoon chicken into the bottom of the triangle, fold in the bottom corners, and roll up.
- Lightly roll in melted butter then roll in crushed croutons.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- If desired, serve with a sauce of cream of chicken soup diluted with ½ cup milk over the chicken roll ups. I also like to add salt, pepper, parsley, cayenne, and curry to the sauce.