Easy Veggie Pizza Squares make the most delicious appetizer or snack. The creamy spread is so tasty with the crunchy vegetables and soft crust.
Veggie Pizza Squares
This Veggie Pizza Squares recipe can make a vegetable lover out of the pickiest of eaters. We first made them for a family New Year’s Eve party and they were a huge hit, especially with the kids! We used Kroger Greek Cream Cheese & Greek Yogurt, which tasted even better than regular cream cheese. Plus it’s so much healthier; it has TWICE the protein and HALF the fat of regular cream cheese. You can get the Kroger Greek Cream Cheese & Greek Yogurt both in a brick and in a whipped tub. We used the brick for this recipe but if you are looking for a lighter, more airy texture, try the whipped. I love using the whipped spread on crackers and bagels. SO good.
What Vegetables Work Best for Veggie Pizza Squares?
- Feel free to be creative and use whatever veggies you like or the veggies your family will eat. When I am making them for my family, I leave off the red pepper and onion (because my kids are picky about their veggies).
- We have made them “Mexi-style” by adding salsa over the cream cheese mixture and then adding avocado and olives (and leaving out the broccoli and cucumber). That is actually my husband’s favorite way of making this.
- You can also make it “California Roll” style by just adding cucumber, avocado, and carrots (you can add a little crab meat, too but then they are no longer “veggie” squares). Get creative and add make it your own!
Tips for Veggie Pizza
- This is the very best recipe for getting your kids involved in the kitchen. My kids love picking out the vegetables for their own pizzas. I put a bunch of vibrantly colored veggies in bowls on the kitchen island and let them go crazy!
- Make it extra fun for kids to eat by using a cookie cutter to cut out the pieces. I don’t know about your kids, but make it “heart-shaped” and they will eat just about anything!
- You can make the crust as thick or thin as you like. My children love a thick, soft crust but my husband and I roll ours out super thin for more of a crispy crust.
What to Serve with Veggie Pizza Squares
Veggie Pizza Squares can be served after school for a healthy satisfying snack, or for dinner with a huge green salad. Or try it alongside some of these delicious appetizer recipes for a glorious party buffet:
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
- Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl
- 5-Minute Dill Pickle Dip
- Shrimp Taco Bites with Cilantro Cream Sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Grilled Pesto Pizzas
How to make Veggie Pizza Squares
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees. Spread crescent rolls out on a baking/cookie sheet. Press edges together to form a crust-- you don't want any holes.
- Bake for about 11 minutes or until crust turns golden-brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine cream cheese and ranch dressing until smooth and spread evenly with a rubber spatula over the crust.
- Top crust evenly with veggies, lightly pressing them down to they don't fall off when you cut them up.
- Cut evenly into squares and serve! Makes appx. 24 squares.
** This post was sponsored by Kroger but all opinions are our own **