These shrimp taco bites are the perfect appetizer for when you don’t have a lot of time. These can be made in less than 15 minutes! You will love the flavor of these tasty little bites!
These little bites are the perfect appetizer because they work great for almost ANY type of gathering AND they are SO easy to make. Oh, and did I mention that they are DELICIOUS? If you are a shrimp taco lover like I am– these shrimp taco bites will quickly become one of your favorite appetizers!
There are so many variations you can make with these easy little shrimp taco bites. If you want to skip the cilantro cream sauce or you are in a pinch for time, just use a little dollop of sour cream instead. Feel free to add a scoop of salsa fresca or your favorite salsa to the taco bite as well. My favorite thing to top them with is SRIRACHA.. but I like my fish tacos SPICY. I made this an “optional” ingredient in the recipe but if you like spicy food I highly recommend it. So good!
If you can’t find the tortilla scoops at a store near you, that is totally ok. You can always just make your own. Cut some corn tortillas into quarters, place them in a muffin tin, and bake at 350-degrees for 5-7 minutes. If you want them to be more crispy, spray them with cooking spray before putting in the oven and then bake them a few minutes longer until crisp. If that seems like too much effort, you can also just layer them on regular tortilla chips too.
The only thing you need to watch for with these shrimp taco bites is the taco seasoning. If you have a gluten allergy, just be sure you are using GF taco seasoning and you will be good to go. Everything else is naturally gluten free!
Shrimp Taco Bites with Cilantro Cream Sauce
- Place shrimp and taco seasoning in a Ziploc bag and shake until shrimp is coated with seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Place shrimp in pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until pink and cooked through.
- Remove shrimp and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place tortilla scoops out on a tray and place a little big of cabbage in each scoop.
- Spoon about 1 tsp of the cilantro cream sauce into each scoop over the cabbage.
- Place shrimp and a couple dices of avocado into each scoop.
- Drizzle a little Sriracha (optional) over shrimp and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
For the Cilantro Cream Sauce:
- Combine sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir well to combine, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.