Four Layer Banana Pudding is stacked with bananas, pudding, cheesecake filling and crunchy cookies. This Paula Deen recipe is one of our favorite desserts and we’re so excited to share it with you.
Four Layer Banana Pudding Dessert
This luscious layered dessert first came into my life years ago, when my friend made it for a party. She got the recipe from the one and only Paula Deen, so I knew it had to be good. Its original name was “Not Yo Mama’s Banana Pudding Recipe” and that’s the truth! Crunchy cookies and sliced bananas are nestled inside creamy layers of pudding and cheesecake filling. This dessert serves a crowd, so it’s perfect for your next potluck or family dinner.
Suggestions for this Recipe
- Most banana pudding recipes call for a wafer cookie of some kind, which is perfectly fine. But just like Ms. Deen, we love using Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies. They’re a buttery shortbread cookie that gives this divine dessert the perfect texture and flavor.
- I know the recipe calls for two packages of cookies, but go ahead and buy three to ensure you have enough whole cookies for the layers. Use any broken pieces on the first layer to fill in the bottom and sides. Plus, you get to eat the broken pieces! Win win for all!
- Leftover banana pudding is my absolute favorite! The cookies soften a little on the second day and the flavors all blend together deliciously. In my humble opinion, it makes the most scrumptious mid-morning snack! Store this dessert covered for about a week in the refrigerator.
- You can assemble the pudding layers about a day before serving, especially if you prefer the softer cookie texture. However you can make the pudding and cream cheese filling about three days in advance, then layer the fresh bananas and cookies together just before serving.
- To keep bananas from browning, especially when making ahead of time, lightly brush lemon juice on the banana slices. Try not to use too much though, as you don’t want to change the flavor of the pudding.
More Dreamy No Bake Desserts
No need to heat up the house with these tasty treats! Try a few and see for yourself.
- No Bake Cookies
- Avalanche Bark
- Frozen Banana Split Dessert
- Mile High Asphalt Pie
- White Chocolate Raspberry (no fry) Fried Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
How to Make Four Layer Banana Pudding Dessert
- Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan with one layer of Chessmen cookies.
- Place sliced bananas on top of the cookie layer.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Add the two mixtures together and stir until well combined. Pour mixture over the banana layer.
- Top with another layer of Chessmen cookies and refrigerate until ready to serve.