This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Fresh corn salsa is a crisp, vibrant, colorful recipe that will add burst of fresh flavor to tortilla chips, fish tacos, just about anything! The perfect addition to any Mexican dish.
Fresh Corn Salsa
This fresh, colorful, tasty corn salsa recipe is our favorite addition to any Mexican recipe. The crisp, sweet corn pairs beautifully with plump, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, spicy red onions and other vibrant herbs and spices. Don’t you just love corn on the cob? Fresh corn is the very best in this recipe. Our mom always planted corn in her garden, and it was a treat when she whipped up this colorful salsa with crisp corn from her garden. We would grill or smoke the corn before cutting it off the cob. So delicious! Of course, you can make this corn salsa with frozen or canned corn, but take advantage of fresh corn while it’s in season. You won’t be sorry!
Suggestions for a delicious salsa
- There are many ways to prepare the corn on the cob for this recipe. We like to grill it either on an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan, or boil it in water on the stove top. Then let it cool and cut it off the cob using a sharp knife.
- Use frozen corn or canned corn for this recipe during the seasons where fresh corn isn’t available.
- We love using red onions in this recipe for extra color and flavor, but regular onions or even chopped green onions will work just fine.
- If you don’t have cherry or grape tomatoes on hand, chop up regular tomatoes.
- To add extra bulk to the recipe you can add black beans, black eyed peas or pinto beans. Just make sure to drain and rinse the beans before adding them to the salsa.
- Serve this salsa immediately at room temperature with lots of chips or as a garnish for one of the many recipes listed below. It adds such a beautiful color and texture to any Mexican dish.
- Because the avocados can brown quickly, this salsa is best served fresh, but you can refrigerate any leftovers for a day or so. The flavors blend together over time and make it even more delicious! You may want to add fresh avocado if serving leftovers.
What to Serve with Corn Salsa
We scoop plenty of this delicious corn salsa with ordinary tortilla chips, but you can try it as a topper to any delicious Mexican dish. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Cheesy Grilled Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Mexican Lasagna
- Easy Shrimp Tacos
- Honey Lime Enchiladas
- Easy Mexican Chicken Flautas
- Summer Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Steak Street Tacos
Fresh Corn Salsa
Prepare Fresh Ears of Corn
For Frozen Corn
- Prepare frozen corn according to package directions.
For the Salsa
- After corn is prepared, cool it to room temperature.
- Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels from cob and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.