I love this Fresh Corn Salsa with fish tacos, but it also tastes great with tortilla chips! It tastes the best when you make it with fresh corn!
This Fresh Corn Salsa is the perfect addition to any Mexican food dinner. We love it on tacos and burritos and Mexican salads or just on it’s own as a dip. This recipe is especially good in the fall when you can get fresh corn on the cob. We sometimes even grill or smoke the corn before we cut it off the cobs, which is super tasty! You can still make this with frozen corn or canned corn, which is necessary when corn is out of season.. but it won’t taste quite as good. Hurry and get some good locally grown corn before it is completely out of season!
- 3-4 ears of corn on the cob prepared (click here)
- 2 avocados pitted & diced
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 c. cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- After corn is prepared allow to cool to room temperature. Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels from cob and place in a medium-sized bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.