This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Grasshopper Cheesecake Bites are a quick and easy dessert. With just a few ingredients and some muffin tins, you can create darling and delicious mini cheesecakes perfect for any occasion!
Grasshopper Cheesecake Bites
These Grasshopper Cheesecake Bites are super easy to make and so cute! I first whipped up these little cheesecakes one evening for a small class I did for some teenage girls, and they turned out darling! This is a really fun recipe to make with your kids. We have strong feelings about teaching the children in your life to enjoy cooking and to feel comfortable in the kitchen. Spending time with our mom in the kitchen is some of our fondest memories and is how we all got started in our love for cooking! It’s a terrific skill to learn before sending your kids out in the world. And this dessert is an easy one to start with. Plus, they taste SO yummy!
Suggestions and Substitutions for Mini Cheesecakes
- All you need for these minty little cheesecakes are some Oreo cookies, regular size muffin tins, some simple ingredients and mint extract.
- If you want them extra cute, we suggest adding the little chocolate hearts, which are so easy to make! Just melt some chocolate in the microwave, spoon it into a baggie, cut a small hole in the corner, and pipe hearts onto some wax paper. Refrigerate until hardened, then place them on top!
- Not a fan of mint? Leave it out! Just substitute the mint extract for vanilla and leave out the green food coloring. Then you’ll have cookies and cream cheesecakes.
- You can also swap out the Oreos for a vanilla wafer at the bottom of each cup for a different flavor of crust.
- Substitute your favorite crushed candy bar in the cheesecake mix. There are endless yummy creations you can create with this simple cheesecake base. Try Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, Malted Milk Balls, Twix, anything goes!
More Cheesecake Recipes
Cheesecake is such a perfect dessert and can be made a million different ways. Try some of these decadent dessert recipes for your next party or gathering.
- Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce
- Triple Berry Cheesecake Bites
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
How to make Grasshopper Cheesecake Bites
Grasshopper Cheesecake Bites
- Kitchen Aid
- Muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with baking cups.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or with a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and mint extract and beat well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Crush half the package of Oreos and gently fold them into the cheesecake mixture. I like to also add a little green food coloring.
- Place a whole oreo cookie in each cupcake cup. Scoop cheesecake mixture over cookies.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
- After mini cheesecakes have cooled, top with crushed oreo and chocolate hearts(see below).
- Melt ½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips and spoon into a plastic baggie. Cut a small hole in one corner, then pipe out heart shapes onto wax paper. Refrigerate til hardened, then lift off wax paper carefully.