These Mini Grasshopper Cheesecakes are a quick and easy dessert. All you need is a few ingredients, muffin tins, and a package of Oreo cookies!
These Mini Grasshopper Cheesecakes are super easy and so incredibly cute! We whipped these little cheesecakes up one night for a small class I did for some teenage girls. All you need is a few ingredients, regular sized muffin tins and a package of Oreo cookies! But if you want them to be extra cute, I would definitely add the little chocolate hearts, which are so simple to make! This is a really fun recipe to do with kids. We have strong feelings here about teaching your kids to enjoy cooking and involving them in the kitchen. Spending time with our mom in the kitchen and then later being in charge of a night of making a meal for the family is how we all got started in our love of cooking! It was a great skill to learn before we each left the house and went out on our own.
If you aren’t a fan of mint, you can easily leave that out! Just substitute the mint extract for vanilla and leave out the green food coloring and you will have cookies and cream cheesecakes instead of grasshopper cheesecakes! If you aren’t an Oreo cookie fan, you can add a vanilla wafer to the bottom of each cup and substitute your favorite crushed candy bar in the cheesecake mix. There are endless yummy creations that you create with this simple cheesecake base.
- 2 pkgs cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 package of regular Oreos
- green food coloring
- 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with baking cups.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or with a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and mint extract and beat well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Crush half the package of Oreos and gently fold them into the cheesecake mixture. I like to also add a little green food coloring.
- Place a whole oreo cookie in each cupcake cup. Scoop cheesecake mixture over cookies.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
- After mini cheesecakes have cooled, top with crushed oreo and chocolate hearts(see below).
- Melt 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips and spoon into a plastic baggie. Cut a small hole in one corner, then pipe out heart shapes onto wax paper. Refrigerate til hardened, then lift off wax paper carefully.