This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are the perfect size for parties and showers, and with just six ingredients, they come together in a snap!
Featured with this recipe
Sweet little Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are such a cute dessert to make and serve at just about any gathering. I was gifted this recipe at my bridal shower (I’m not going to admit how many years ago that was!) and it has been one of my go-to desserts for special occasions ever since. They’re simple to make, easy to serve, and can be changed up all kinds of ways. This is a really budget friendly dessert too. I usually try to find cream cheese at a dollar or less and stock up. This recipe makes about 18 mini cheesecakes from a muffin tin.
- Cream cheese – softened
- Vanilla wafters
- Cherry pie filling
Variations on Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- Get creative and use other toppings! I have used peach, blueberry, raspberry, and lemon pie fillings. All of them were beautiful and so delicious.
- Try fresh fruit too! Kiwi, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, or any combination of fruit would make a gorgeous summer treat. If you are going to use fresh fruit, I would suggest a layer of whipped topping before adding the fruit to adhere it to the top of the cheesecake.
- Because these cheesecakes are meant for individual servings, you could offer a topping bar at your next party. Let guests top their own cheesecakes with all kinds of toppings, including those listed above, plus chocolate chips, nuts, butterscotch chips, and candies. You can also drizzle them with chocolate syrup, caramel, or butterscotch.
- Match the occasion! Change the muffin liners depending on the occasion. Each holiday or special event can have a certain color or special muffin liner that goes along with the theme or holiday. This is always fun to do when changing the topping too!
- Top with caramel, chocolate, and walnuts for a turtle cheesecake. The possibilities are endless!
More Cherry Recipes
I am crazy about everything cherry. If you love cherries as much as I do, we have some other cherry recipes you will definitely be interested in!
- Chocolate Cherry Cake– this is a tasty pudding based cake.
- Microwave Cherry Crunch– easy to make and cooks in the microwave for a fast dessert.
- Cherry Vanilla Cookies– like chocolate chip, but better!
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Covered Cherries– little bite sized cherry chocolates with a creamy filling.
- Chocolate Cake with Cherry Topping – chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and cherry topping.
- Alligator Jaws– one of my favorite cherry recipes! A triangle shaped doughnut with cherry cream filling.
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes– a tart yummy cupcake great for any occasion.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can keep mini cherry cheesecakes in the freezer for up to a month, just keep the topping off and make it fresh after bringing the cheesecakes to room temperature when ready to enjoy.
They take about 15 minutes at 350 degrees F, but you’ll know they are done when the tops of the mini cheesecakes have puffed up and they look set. The edges should be completely set while the center may still jiggle a little.
Over whipping your ingredients can cause your cheesecake to deflate. Because there is too much air in the cheesecake, it will rise in the oven while it is cooking, and then deflate while it cools.
More Cheesecake Recipes
Cheesecake is one of my favorite decadent desserts that can be made all kinds of ways. Try a few of our classics here:
- How to Make Cheesecake
- Mini Grasshopper Cheesecakes
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars
- Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce
- Triple Berry Cheesecake Bites
How to Make Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- Mixing Bowls
- Electric Mixer
- Cupcake Liners
- Mini Muffin Tin
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- Put a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in the bottom of each liner.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, sugar, and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full with the cheesecake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Top each mini cheesecake with cherry pie filling.
- Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
- The pie is the limit! Peach, blueberry, raspberry, and lemon pie fillings are delicious with cheesecake.
- Fresh fruit to boot! Kiwi, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, or any combination of fruit would make a gorgeous summer treat. If you are going to use fresh fruit, I would suggest a layer of whipped topping before adding the fruit to adhere it to the top of the cheesecake.
- Set the bar high! Because these cheesecakes are meant for individual servings, you could offer a topping bar at your next party. Let guests top their own cheesecakes with all kinds of toppings, including those listed above, plus chocolate chips, nuts, butterscotch chips, and candies. You can also drizzle them with chocolate syrup, caramel, or butterscotch.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.